Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-23-2014, 12:05 PM   #11 
johnnymillenium

Thank you guys very much! The teracycline seemed to do the trick as far as taking care of the bacteria. I don't think it was columnaris, just a bad case of fin rot. which is clearing up nicely might i add, he has lots of new growth of his dorsal fin.

I'm feeling really dumb about what im about to say but might the change in color on his head and back be just color changing?? I just finished up his meds last night put him in clean warm water and he's looking like a champ. A creepy one but yea. He's energetic, making bubble nets and his fins are growing. So far he's lost no body tissue and Ive yet to see any fuzz on his body. the white and black has spread more but if I look very very closely those scales look shiny and iridescent like normal scales. I think maybe he's just changing color I'm still gonna keep my eye on him just to be safe cos this is really bad timing to change color, I mean right as he gets hecka sick.
johnnymillenium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 12:15 PM   #12 
Taeanna
Reference Team

He may be changing color on his own, many pet store bettas are a grab bag of breeds and marbles in particular are notorious for spontaneously morphing into a new color scheme without warning.

Glad to hear he is doing better! Can't wait to see his new look.
Taeanna is online now   Reply With Quote