Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-05-2010, 09:30 AM   #11 
Fawnleaf

Help!!!!!!!!! Please!

So, yesterday I saw something strange in the tank that folly had picked up. It looked like a piece of string cheese. So I took it out before she could eat it. But just before I went to bed I saw she had another piece coming out of her mouth. She was choking on it and she couldn't spit it up, or swallow it. She was going to die. So, please don't kill me if you don't agree with what I did, but I picked her up in the net and manually slid it out. At first she was really pale and just sat at the bottom. I thought she was done-for, but now she looks really happy and healthy! Her color came back and she is exploring her new tank again! She doesn't look stressed out anymore. So should I do anything? She looks fine to me, but you never know.

Peace~
Alissa
Fawnleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 04:16 PM   #12 
karlhague

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawnleaf View Post
So, yesterday I saw something strange in the tank that folly had picked up. It looked like a piece of string cheese. So I took it out before she could eat it. But just before I went to bed I saw she had another piece coming out of her mouth. She was choking on it and she couldn't spit it up, or swallow it. She was going to die. So, please don't kill me if you don't agree with what I did, but I picked her up in the net and manually slid it out. At first she was really pale and just sat at the bottom. I thought she was done-for, but now she looks really happy and healthy! Her color came back and she is exploring her new tank again! She doesn't look stressed out anymore. So should I do anything? She looks fine to me, but you never know.

Peace~
Alissa

You did what was best for your fish.
karlhague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 04:33 PM   #13 
FuulieQ

That's odd... I think people could help you more if you had a photo, though. Is there any way you can take a photo of the pinkness and post it on here?
FuulieQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 05:44 PM   #14 
Fawnleaf

100%?? Isn't that dangerous?? It's a 14 gallon with 4 guppy fry, 2 mollies and a sunset platy plus the betta. Are you sure? I'll do it, but I just want to be sure. Oh! And sure, let me take it and I'll post it

Last edited by Fawnleaf; 09-05-2010 at 05:48 PM.
Old 09-05-2010, 07:10 PM   #15 
Fawnleaf

Here are the pics of Folly. It's really pronounce when she gets stressed and her horizontal stripes come out. Sorry their so bad!!!! I have a bad camera. But basically, she has color everywhere else but her stomach is bright pink like salmon. Any clues?
Attached Images

Tags
female, mollies, new tank, other fish