Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-06-2010, 04:08 PM   #11 
bloo97

So glad your Okay! Stay safe and keep us updated.
bloo97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 04:11 PM   #12 
Oldfishlady

Thanks all,

I have been through a lot in my life...but...Nothing as scary as that......and I was home alone and with my health as it is....wow......

First-the electric had gone out about an hour before and then the phone and cell phone will not work down at my house due to my location on bottom land....

My husband had just left the house to go to the top of the hill to get in contact with my son so he could go and pick him up at the football game

He heard the "Boom" but didn't think anything of it and went on into town to get our son

I grabbed the SUV keys and hit the door...leaving it open so the animals could get out...put the SUV in 4 wheel drive and headed up the hill so I could get to a phone to call 911....when adrenlin is pumping through your body this old lady can move........

I have never been so scared in my life and I just knew my house was going to burn down and I knew the fire truck would not be able to get down my road on a good day let alone when it was wet and muddy.........

What saved my house was bamboo...that stuff will not burn when green...it kept the fire away from my house long enough until the firemen got on site in the brush trucks

Needless to say the propane tank will be moved at least 50ft away from the house...lol....and I will plant bamboo around it again.......

The fire did drive off my wild honey bees that had set up house in the 100ft black walnut tree that sits behind the tank and house....so glad it didn't take that tree out......

The explosion blew out some windows and the glass in the back door and blew out 2 TV's, blew out my AC unit, fried the phone lines...I was told that since the electric had gone out earlier that it had helped some in keeping damage limited, however, nearly every light bulb in the house was blown out and the big TV in the living room was fine.......

The firemen stayed the night at the house and we stayed at my daughters...they wouldn't let us come back to the house until the next day and you can't see my place from the road and to make it worse they wouldn't tell me anything......

My husband got that scary phone call while on the road....and he was stressed because he couldn't come home until he got our son...they did sneak through the wood at about midnight to see what was going on and reported back that the house looked to be intact......that helped me sleep...a little....lol......

All fish and tanks came through without problems and I was even surprised the next day with fry from a male that I had been having trouble getting to spawn...this was his last chance and he came through and in cold water, female still in the tank and darkness to boot.....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 04:16 PM   #13 
Betta Slave

Woah! I'm really glad you're okay and that your house didn't take any major damage O.o
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 04:52 PM   #14 
ReyesBetta

Ohmygod thats so good your house is ok.
ReyesBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 07:49 PM   #15 
CodeRed

I'm glad you're okay... It's easy to get relaxed around lightning when you've gone through it so many times, something like this is just an unwelcome reminder at how ... weak we really are. Good to hear that the house, and you, is/are intact! Someone was truly looking out for you.
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 08:11 PM   #16 
nochoramet

Wow that is terrifying! I'm so glad no one was hurt, not even the fishies! God was watching out for you! I wish you the best of luck in getting all the insurance and the house and everything fixed back up.
nochoramet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 08:38 PM   #17 
BlueHaven

Blessed bamboo it is. :)
I've prayed for ya'll!
BlueHaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 11:35 PM   #18 
dramaqueen
Banned

My house was struck by lightning once and it blew a hole in the roof the size of a dinner plate. My mom was on the phone when it happened. We lost our phones and it blew a fuse in my tv. I think it messed up our garage door too.It was cery scary. I just knew the house was burning down. lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 11:43 PM   #19 
metalbetta

Wow, that is scary!! and I just get freaked out when my power goes out! Glad to hear you're okay!
metalbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 07:28 PM   #20 
Hermitpaws

I freak out when its lighting out!! ..... but you!!!! good lord!! so glad your ok!!!!!
Hermitpaws is offline   Reply With Quote