Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-07-2010, 03:09 AM   #11 
naturegirl243

uggg why do people think breeding is so easy and anyone can do it, it really makes me mad.There are two things that make me sick about this thread one you put a smiley face next to it there is nothing to be happy about, and two you could not even spell breeding oh and actually one more thing the fact that you thought that one jumped that they would like each other and could live together.I know we all make mistakes and have to start somewhere and this is going to sound awful but if you don't cull the fry they will probably just die without the proper care it's sad cause it's more painful that way then before they hatch but since you obiously don't know what your doing and people that do know what they are doing sometimes have failed spawns this is the sad truth.Please don't try breeding until you have done alot of research and know more.Sorry to be so harsh but it seems thats all people respond to nowadays.
naturegirl243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 09:33 AM   #12 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturegirl243 View Post
uggg why do people think breeding is so easy and anyone can do it, it really makes me mad.There are two things that make me sick about this thread one you put a smiley face next to it there is nothing to be happy about, and two you could not even spell breeding oh and actually one more thing the fact that you thought that one jumped that they would like each other and could live together.I know we all make mistakes and have to start somewhere and this is going to sound awful but if you don't cull the fry they will probably just die without the proper care it's sad cause it's more painful that way then before they hatch but since you obiously don't know what your doing and people that do know what they are doing sometimes have failed spawns this is the sad truth.Please don't try breeding until you have done alot of research and know more.Sorry to be so harsh but it seems thats all people respond to nowadays.
Yes its aggravating but just dont be mean or say anything offensive because the last thing we need is an argument!!
Also, its kind of her/his fault but they are not very experienced betta keepers!!
Just please tell them how to help dont criticize. If you feel you should say something, say it in a PM so its not so anyone gets embarrassed!
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 10:14 AM   #13 
dramaqueen
Banned

I think 1fish2fish means to destroy the eggs BEFORE they hatch. As much as I hate to say this but I agree. Like MrVampire said, the fry need live food and if the op is not prepared to raise the fry it would be better to destroy the eggs before hatching, otherwise they'll die of starvation or disease anyway. That's just my opinion.And let's be respectful of each other's opinions please, even if we don't agree. :)
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 10:31 AM   #14 
karlhague

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
I think 1fish2fish means to destroy the eggs BEFORE they hatch. As much as I hate to say this but I agree. Like MrVampire said, the fry need live food and if the op is not prepared to raise the fry it would be better to destroy the eggs before hatching, otherwise they'll die of starvation or disease anyway. That's just my opinion.And let's be respectful of each other's opinions please, even if we don't agree. :)

Yea I know.

But theres no need for the rudeness and arrogance show in alot of the users on this site posts.

This is supposed to be a friendly helpfull site, and all I seem to see her is arrogance and the I know best Attitude, And Were not going to help unless you take our advice..

Quite frankly its appalling.
karlhague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 10:53 AM   #15 
1fish2fish

All anyone here is doing is trying to help. I've been around the block long enough to know that kisses and rainbows are not going to make a person see the situation for what it is. I have never been rude to another poster. Harsh, maybe, but that is how I am. I tell it like I see it and if people don't want or agree with my opinion then that is fine by me. I'm going to try to do what I believe is the best thing for the fish but I can't control other people on an internet forum.

Maybe that seems like arogance to you but breeding animals is something I take VERY seriously. If you were to see me on a dog or cat forum where the OP had an animal that had just been "accidentally" bred I would say the same thing I said to this OP... emergency spay or if the female was too far along they better get their butts in gear and find responsible homes. Its slightly more simple with fish.

This OP has not been back.. maybe they felt attacked which I sincerely hope they haven't but either way unless they have gotten information somewhere else those fry are going to be dying/dead in a day or two. IMO it would have been kinder to destroy the nest right away then let the fry starve to death.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 11:35 AM   #16 
bettalover2033

i agree!

May be they didnt like the response they got so they decided to do what they wanted instead of following our advice!
Old 09-07-2010, 11:57 AM   #17 
dramaqueen
Banned

Sometimes people may seems rude but they don't mean to be. It's just that they have a passion for fish and want what's best for them and they want to give the best advice that they can. It's up to the person asking the question whether or not they will take the advice.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 12:19 PM   #18 
bettalover2033

Exactly!! well i hope we didnt scare off the OP because he hasnt come back!
Old 09-07-2010, 01:41 PM   #19 
naturegirl243

Aww I didn't want to sound like I was scaring them off it just frustrates me I am not looking to argue I just don't get that people still try to put males and females together so I apoligize for my snarky comments everyone I was a little tired when I posted that too.
naturegirl243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 01:48 PM   #20 
sdg30064

I have not been scared off, I just have a life...i.e. my two year old son. I appreciate all advice, however when people are giving me advice it would be nice for them to ask me about my background instead of making assumptions. The fish weren't just left alone in the tank to see if they got along, they were just together for a few minutes and they started mating. Im sorry but im not seperating any animals once they start mating, that can have serious negative effects. I also did more research and decided to give the eggs a chance, if they survive they will be homed out, if they dont nature took its course and I did all I could with what i had available at the time.
sdg30064 is offline   Reply With Quote