Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-07-2010, 02:03 PM   #21 
1fish2fish

What negative effects can separating a breeding pair have? Breeders interrupt the spawning process all the time to keep spawn numbers low and all that happens is the female releases the unfertilized eggs or reabsorbs them.

What foods do you have to feed the fry? They should be hanging from the nest by now and will be free swimming in a day or so. By then they will need food immediately or they will die. Your temp needs to be at least 80* with 82-86* being preferable. Once they are 2 weeks old you will need to do a 50% water change every single day to keep the stunting hormone down. You will need to feed 3-4 times a day and vacuum the bottom of the tank to remove any uneaten food. When they are about 2 months old you will need to begin jarring the males at least. Depending on the size of your jars you will need to do 1-2 daily water changes. You will also have to set up a space heater or some other form of heat so the jars can be at 80*F with no fluctuations. Depending on how well you care for them they should be ready for new homes at 3.5-4 months old at the earliest.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 03:04 PM   #22 
bettalover2033

Well 1F2F just give him a chance. Maybe he can pull it off.

Hey can you tell us all the supplies you have?
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 05:31 PM   #23 
sdg30064

freeze dried shrimp till i could get the brine shrimp eggs to feed them 10 gal tank with under gravel filter a heater a net tank stays at 82 degrees
sdg30064 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 05:40 PM   #24 
bettalover2033

Well im sorry to tell you but Freeze dried shrimp are WAY too big.

Also Everything else is good but the Freeze Dried Shrimp wont do.

Do you see little white heads and a tail on the bubblenest or are they swimming like normal fish do?

Take pictures of how they are

Edit: if you can!
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 06:28 PM   #25 
MrVampire181

Guys he didn't put them together on purpose. He says there was a divider and the female figured out a way to get to his side.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 06:31 PM   #26 
Capricorn

Vamp I read that, but he also said after that he let them stay together to see if they got along..

Good luck with your fry since you are indeed trying to raise them, hopefully some of the veterans around the forum will be able to give you the information you need. Maybe it would be in your best interest like I saw someone else say to try to raise 5-10 of them instead of the whole spawn?
Capricorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 06:31 PM   #27 
karlhague

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVampire181 View Post
Guys he didn't put them together on purpose. He says there was a divider and the female figured out a way to get to his side.
I've tried saying all this , their being a nuisance trying to make the guy look and feel stupid,

It wasnt his fault and know their just still going on at him.
karlhague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 06:42 PM   #28 
MrVampire181

This is just a natural thing, the female was gonna try to get his side anyway she could.

Now theres fry. Live foods are needed, constantly clean water and lots of room to grow. In a way he's respondible for leaving them in there so now he needs to take care of the lives he brought into the world.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 06:48 PM   #29 
naturegirl243

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlhague View Post
I've tried saying all this , their being a nuisance trying to make the guy look and feel stupid,

It wasnt his fault and know their just still going on at him.
No one is "still going at him" I apoligized for being rude, and everyone is just asking questions. He said he decided to keep them together after the female jumped to the males side did he think they were not going to breed ever? So to be honest we did not try to do anything.Anyways I wish him luck with his spawn I hope everything works out well, but there is no point in targeting other people that posted on here when it's over and done with now.
naturegirl243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 06:52 PM   #30 
sdg30064

Just like your responsible for the mutt next doors puppies even though they jumped your fence....lol
sdg30064 is offline   Reply With Quote