Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-07-2010, 07:52 PM   #1 
peaches3221

Angry Worst betta bowls ever!!!

I cant believe some people would actually think that a fish can live in any of these!! the hexagon shaped one hold ONE PINT of water!!! IMO a Betta needs AT LEAST a half gallon of water. not only are these bowls too small, none have lids, so the Betta could jump out! I can't believe they actually even SELL these! anyone who would keep a Betta in these bowls obviously didn't do ANY research before buying it!
Attached Images

peaches3221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 08:03 PM   #2 
MrVampire181

BOOO!!!

Not the worst by far...there's an iPod speaker with built in betta bowl, and even a purse that has two bowls on either side for bettas >:[
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 08:09 PM   #3 
peaches3221

i saw the ipod speaker one, the ipond, it's awful.
Old 09-07-2010, 08:10 PM   #4 
Euphie101

This makes me VERY angry. I don't understand how people think that those could possibly be okay. Those poor bettas barely have enough room to turn around. Gah, people should do more research to understand how horrible those things are!! I went to the orthodontist today, and I was talking to my mom about bettas and the lady who was going to talk to me about braces (ugh, braces) heard me. We ended up talking about bettas and I explained how the small bowls and stuff are horrible for the bettas and she said she was going to tell people. That made me happy.
Euphie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 08:21 PM   #5 
peaches3221

i know! it's awful. i once saw a sign at walmart by the bettas that said: "bettas thrive in small containers" and explained how bettas live in "puddles" in thailand. well, those puddles are actually HUGE rice paddies that are shallow but very large. grrrrrrr...
Old 09-07-2010, 08:25 PM   #6 
MrVampire181

A common myth is that bettas live in small puddles and like small tanks. Truth is they live in small sections of VERY large ponds and rivers, like lets say a buffalow hoofprint that has water leading into it from the main pond. A betta in a huge tank will be happy but quickly tire out from patroling his home. My pet/breeders are kept in 1 gallon critter keepers with gravel and plants. Since my bedroom/breeding room is very warm heat is no issue and I clean very often.

I reccomend AT LEAST 2.5 gallons with heating and filtration. It's small enough for your betta to feel secure and patrol his home and big enough not to worry about water quality as much.

These bowls also don't have lids...BETTAS JUMP!!!
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 08:25 PM   #7 
naturegirl243

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaches3221 View Post
i know! it's awful. i once saw a sign at walmart by the bettas that said: "bettas thrive in small containers" and explained how bettas live in "puddles" in thailand. well, those puddles are actually HUGE rice paddies that are shallow but very large. grrrrrrr...
This sounds like what people told me awhile ago that "bettas thrive in dirty water" who would think such a stupid thing.
naturegirl243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 08:50 PM   #8 
JKfish

I saw the second one with the ruffled top being sold at Pet Supplies Plus not that long ago. When I saw it, and picked it up, I got really depressed just thinking about it. It was tiny, and could fit in the palm of my hand. :'(
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 08:53 PM   #9 
Euphie101

I honestly cannot believe that someone would this it is okay to put an animal in there. I would put a plant or a candle in some of those bowls, definately not a fish.
Euphie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 08:53 PM   #10 
Mermaid Fish

omg! I have the second bowl and it's in my bathroom......with FAKE fish lol. Never even dreamed of putting a betta in that!
Mermaid Fish is offline   Reply With Quote