Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-08-2010, 05:04 PM   #21 
Jayy

These bowls are awful!!!!!! I'm seen the one with the ruffled top at the fair( the goldfish game) and at my lps they sale their bettas IN them!!!! They also carge extra for the dumb bowl. I can't believe they have to nerve to do that!!!!
Jayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 05:37 PM   #22 
Alex09

I have seen those bowls with the ruffles at my 99c store... Im looking at my betta in his 10 gallon and im trying to imagine him LIVING in one of those bowls. He'd probably be lethargic (if not dead already) right now as the temp in my room is probably in the 60's.
Alex09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 08:07 PM   #23 
Fawnleaf

I got my new betta in that little ruffled bowl! They were temporary in the store, but also for sale! They had the bowls for sale with the bettas in them! At the time, my betta could hardly turn around let alone flare! I was actually suprised at how quickly he got to exploring the tank- the other betta went into shock of having more than 1/2 a gallon of water to swim in! But he's fine now. It was so depressing because I saw another fish, his fins were SOOO long! I was so suprised! I was going to get him, but I have plastic plants in my tank and I needed a short-ish finned betta. But I think he was sick. In Petco they sell the bettas in small round boxes! It's ridiculous!
Fawnleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 08:40 PM   #24 
ParadigmPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawnleaf View Post
I got my new betta in that little ruffled bowl! They were temporary in the store, but also for sale! They had the bowls for sale with the bettas in them! At the time, my betta could hardly turn around let alone flare! I was actually suprised at how quickly he got to exploring the tank- the other betta went into shock of having more than 1/2 a gallon of water to swim in! But he's fine now. It was so depressing because I saw another fish, his fins were SOOO long! I was so suprised! I was going to get him, but I have plastic plants in my tank and I needed a short-ish finned betta. But I think he was sick. In Petco they sell the bettas in small round boxes! It's ridiculous!
I had the exact same experience when I got my Betta from a small pet store. He came with a ridiculously small glass bowl. While walking up to the counter I mentioned that I wanted to buy a larger tank. The look she gave me suggested that she thought it was an incredibly bizarre request.

Bettas are very popular amongst college students (like myself) which is almost a shame because they're usually considered maintenance free room decor.

If an inebriated student can't find his way back to his own room, he's certainly not going to be in any shape to perform water changes or monitor temperatures.
ParadigmPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 08:53 PM   #25 
Capricorn

So I stopped by petco on the way home from class to grab some brine shrimp for Nettle, and I TOLD myself I wouldn't stop to look at the bettas...

So of course I did, it it just made my heart HURT. I wished I had a hundred tanks and millions of dollars and all the time in the world, I would have bought every single last one... they had two females that couldn't have been older than a month and a half, they were only an inch long. :c It looked like they ran out of containers for them because they had a couple in those tiny containers they use to put aquarium salt in in the big tanks.

Some people were looking at them and commented on how there were dead ones.. I told them it was because they needed the warm water and a larger space (though I don't doubt there are many other reasons why). The girl nodded and moved on.. hopefully to either look at larger tanks or to bypass the "throwaway pet" completely.

It just makes me so sad sometimes.. they were packed onto the little shelf, and the water in some of them was clean, but not in all of them. They had so many they had to cram OTHER shelves to fit them all there.
Capricorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 09:13 PM   #26 
Foxers

hmm speaking of double tanks. i was given a dual tank from petsmart, ill find a pic, i removed the barrier, and put in live plants yada yada so yea, my baby gibson lives in there, and he seems happy. its about a gallon (.94) so meh i like it, its simple. im planning to get more ^^
Foxers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 02:28 PM   #27 
Mermaid Fish

omg! I have the second bowl and it's in my bathroom......with FAKE fish lol. Never even dreamed of putting a betta in that!

Even the fake fish don't have enough room!lol

Last edited by Mermaid Fish; 09-09-2010 at 02:36 PM. Reason: Sorry about the 2 posts i coudn't figure out how to quote then I did and now I can't figure out how to delete this one. lol
Mermaid Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 02:29 PM   #28 
Mermaid Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid Fish View Post
omg! I have the second bowl and it's in my bathroom......with FAKE fish lol. Never even dreamed of putting a betta in that!
Even the fake fish don't have enough room! lol
Old 09-09-2010, 02:50 PM   #29 
Mermaid Fish

another one of those cat bowls

Old 09-09-2010, 03:04 PM   #30 
Euphie101

Really. A lava lamp bowl. That's horrible. That second one makes my heart hurt. People need to understand - bettas can't live in spaces they can't even turn around in. That is so unbelievably cruel. I mean, really. Comeon, use common sense here people!!
Euphie101 is offline   Reply With Quote