Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-14-2010, 10:45 PM   #11 
Ajones108

Taylor, congrats on your dorm fish. I currently have 2 dorm bettas and 3 tanks but narrowing the tanks down soon. I have a question: Do you keep a lid on that tank?
Ajones108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 10:58 PM   #12 
TaylorW

I couldn't find a good lid at the petstore, so I cut a piece of window screen to fit the tank. It's being held on with blue poster putty, I think you can see that in the photo But I leave the screen off when I'm in the room sometimes to give him some air
TaylorW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 11:17 PM   #13 
bettalover2033

put more plants in the tank so he can rest on it when hes tired also bettas like to rest on plants.

Hes pretty!
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 11:28 PM   #14 
TaylorW

I was thinking about getting one of those betta leaf things that you suction to the glass that the rest on. Has anyone tried those? It looks like this.

http://www.petdiscounters.com/Betta-...ock-p9075.html

Oh, and thanks, I think he's pretty too I'll try to get a better picture when I use my actual camera
Old 09-14-2010, 11:33 PM   #15 
TaylorW

Uh oh, I just read somewhere that Hikari Betta Bio-Gold pellets have MSG in them!! Is that true, and is this a bad brand of food for my fish??
Old 09-14-2010, 11:49 PM   #16 
Ajones108

Most of us stopped recommending Hikari a bit ago because they changed their formula to a primarily wheat-based ingredient, I believe it is. I recommend Atison's Betta Pellets but I order mine through www.lnt.com. A lot of people like the Omega One Betta Buffet Pellets as well.
Ajones108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 11:49 PM   #17 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorW View Post
I was thinking about getting one of those betta leaf things that you suction to the glass that the rest on. Has anyone tried those? It looks like this.

http://www.petdiscounters.com/Betta-...ock-p9075.html

Oh, and thanks, I think he's pretty too I'll try to get a better picture when I use my actual camera

i love that leaf ! he would love it if you got the leaf for him!
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 11:57 PM   #18 
TaylorW

Haha, ok, I'll try the leaf! I hope he likes it

Does Walmart carry any good betta pellet brands? I don't think Petland had either of those brands... Hmmm, I'll keep searching!
Old 09-15-2010, 12:05 AM   #19 
Alex09

DONT BUY THE LEAF! People have reported that the metal wire inside the leaf thing is not properly selaed and leeches rust in the water (BAD). Just get a silk plant with wide leaves and you'll be good to go. My betta doesnt even rest on leaves though. I have a bunch of live plants in his 10 gal and he usually just rests on the gravel :/

Quote:
The tank's a glass 2.5 gal from Petland, I was surprised it was only 12 dollars! I think the brand is Marina? Not sure though...
I LOL'd. I bought an empty 10 gallon from walmart for $13. Dont worry, 2.5 gallons is good for a betta though :P
Alex09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 12:08 AM   #20 
TaylorW

Haha, I never bought a fish tank, so it seemed cheap to me! Oops... Maybe not so cheap really

Eww, I don't want rusting! I'll just get him a taller plant then so he can rest on it. Thanks!