Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-14-2010, 04:43 PM   #21 
sidfishus

ok im sorry and im upset about my dog who was put down yesterday which happens to be the day i picked up my betta and im really sick and p.s. i am a kid
sidfishus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 07:57 PM   #22 
Romad
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidfishus View Post
I understand, its not god darn animal abuse if the pets store, betta fish owner friends, and a stinking vet tell you its ok. Don't you dare call me an animal abuser we put my bbest friend black lab down yesterdayhe was 13 and i loved him he was very old and not well. Never call me an animal abuser you huge jerk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

Ok let's calm down here for a minute. First let me say that I'm very sorry that you had to put your best friend down yesterday. That's a really sad and hard thing to go through. Here's a hug ( )

I think perhaps you might be a little sensitive about pets big or small at the moment and that's understandable.

I read the whole thread here and I don't feel that Adastra was calling you an animal abuser personally but made the statement about animal abuse if you don't properly care for an animal (fish).

I do agree that in that small amount of water, you really do need to do at least 50% water changes every other day to keep your fish happy and healthy. I say that because I have 6 bettas at the moment and learned from experience.

We're here to help and we all care about our fish.
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 09:01 PM   #23 
bearwithfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romad View Post
Ok let's calm down here for a minute. First let me say that I'm very sorry that you had to put your best friend down yesterday. That's a really sad and hard thing to go through. Here's a hug ( )

I think perhaps you might be a little sensitive about pets big or small at the moment and that's understandable.

I read the whole thread here and I don't feel that Adastra was calling you an animal abuser personally but made the statement about animal abuse if you don't properly care for an animal (fish).

I do agree that in that small amount of water, you really do need to do at least 50% water changes every other day to keep your fish happy and healthy. I say that because I have 6 bettas at the moment and learned from experience.

We're here to help and we all care about our fish.
+1
every one in the community is here to help out and to learn something new from time to time.... i think it is very hard to tell HOW and person is saying something in text versus WHAT they are saying.....

and i also send my support for having to put your friend to rest (been there myself not to long ago) i hope all turns out well and i hope every one remembers the purpose of this site is learning and sharing knowledge...
bearwithfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 09:34 PM   #24 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm so sorry about your dog. It's a difficult thing to have to do.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 11:25 PM   #25 
doggyhog

SO sorry about your dog, I know exactly how you feel. Hopefully your experience was less traumatic then mine. A (((HUG))) from me.

It's OK to be sad and cry, I cried for about 2 days straight after we put my dog down.

Best of luck with your betta too.
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 05:56 PM   #26 
sidfishus

Thanks guys I cleaned Sid Fishous's tank today and the conditioner is amazing! Its supposed toclean it (duh) makes tap water safe heals wounded fish prevents disease helps diseas makes color briighter and tail out a bit more instead of tucked close to the body and gives it more energy within 5 minutes he was swimming like crazy kis tail was out abit more and his color was 10 times brighter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!
sidfishus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 09:03 PM   #27 
Romad
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidfishus View Post
Thanks guys I cleaned Sid Fishous's tank today and the conditioner is amazing! Its supposed toclean it (duh) makes tap water safe heals wounded fish prevents disease helps diseas makes color briighter and tail out a bit more instead of tucked close to the body and gives it more energy within 5 minutes he was swimming like crazy kis tail was out abit more and his color was 10 times brighter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

That's great news!! I hope he stays happy and healthy
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote