Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-14-2010, 11:42 PM   #1 
Chloepress

Unhappy Help I think my betta has fin rot

I saw a grey scrawny sad looking betta at the aquarium store and decided to
get him out of pity. I have him in a one gallon tank. about two weeks ago he tore a fin. I got him bettafix and he seemed fin. He became a very pretty shade of pink. I've hears this is normal because he finally has a clean home so his true colors show. About two days ago I did a water change and thought I saw like dots on him. I went out and got betta revive and aquarium salt for what I thought was ick. His fins appear to be tearing . They look split. I am not sure if his fins aret just growing back from when he tore them or if he is really sick. Please help I don't want to lose my adorable betta. P.S his name is milkyway:)
Chloepress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 07:45 AM   #2 
Oldfishlady

Sorry you are having problems, have a few questions so we can better help you and your Betta....

How much and how often are the water changes, filtration, live plants or type of decoration in the tank, additives used, water temp, how much and how long did you use the salt and other medication, how is his appetite and what kind of food and how much/often fed........ any other symptoms-like flashing, lethargic, bloat, poor appetite....etc.......
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 01:24 PM   #3 
Chloepress

I just got him so he's in a temporary bowl of one gallon. He doesn't have plants yet :( I change his water every five days. He is a lil piggy. I give him pellets some days live worms on others and frozen blood worms. I fast him every Friday and feed him a small amount pea on Saturday. I feed him twice a day. He's thin for a betta so I'm going to try and fatten him up a bit I'll post pictures soon
Old 09-15-2010, 02:01 PM   #4 
Chloepress

Name:  hi 053.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  110.5 KB

Name:  hi 055.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  109.3 KB
Old 09-15-2010, 02:08 PM   #5 
Chloepress

the little thread like peices are what worry meName:  hi 051.JPG
Views: 162
Size:  17.1 KB
Old 09-15-2010, 02:21 PM   #6 
Oldfishlady

In a 1g unfiltered container and especially with fin damage-I would increase the water changes to 100% daily for at least 5-10 days and then every-other day while in the temporary 1g container to maintain water quality and promote healing.

You found a very nice looking fella.....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 04:55 PM   #7 
Chloepress

thankyou he's doing very well i believe what i thought was finrot is actually his tail regrowing. He wasnt so pretty when i got him but he's lovely now :)

Tags
help betta has fin rot, split fins