Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-06-2014, 02:07 PM   #1 
LaurenMc

Hi My Fellow Betta Lovers!!! I'm Lauren.

Hi there! My name is Lauren and I have two betta boys- Diablo and Ragnar. Diablo got his name because he splashes around (which used to wake me up at all hours of the night) and flares at anyone but me. He's loves his momma though!
Ragnar is a sweetie- he loves everyone and I don't think I've hardly ever seen him flare at all. He is easy going and his fins match his personality- flowy, colorful, and smooth.
They are both Petco rescues.
I've had a few bettas before and reading this forum has helped me so much in the past.
Thanks for taking the time to read about my kiddos and looking at their pics! Sorry they are sideways- I keep trying to fix that and one day I will succeed. Ha!
LaurenMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 03:27 PM   #2 
Pippin

Hi! Welcome! I can't see any pictures, how did you upload them?
Pippin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 03:59 PM   #3 
LaurenMc

Hi Pippin! Strange! I uploaded a picture as my profile pic and it isn't showing up except on my profile. I thought it would show up when I posted. I also created an album with 2 pictures. Did I post them to the wrong places?
Old 07-06-2014, 04:08 PM   #4 
Pippin

Oh, now I can see them. They're very beautiful. (Sometimes my computer doesn't let me see pictures, or even show me something to say that they are there. Annoying computer) Don't be too surprised if they go missing.
Old 07-06-2014, 04:20 PM   #5 
LaurenMc

Thanks!

Thanks Pippin! Well, for some reason I can't even see my profile picture, so maybe it isn't your computer. Hm... I did all of this from my phone and have just switched to my computer to fix the issue. I got my pictures rotated... which is a step... but I still can't seem to figure out why my profile picture isn't showing up like yours does.
Old 07-06-2014, 04:25 PM   #6 
LaurenMc

I just figured it out. I needed to make an avatar- not a profile pic. Awesome!
Old 07-06-2014, 04:29 PM   #7 
Pippin

Yay! These forums completely baffled me when I first joined. Is that Diablo in your avatar, or Ranger?
Old 07-06-2014, 04:38 PM   #8 
LaurenMc

They are baffling me as we speak. Ha! That's Diablo. He is my little stinker. I see that you have guinea pigs! They are adorable!!! I have 4 dogs (Whoa! I know...) I would post their pictures, but I think I have killed my brain enough on pictures today. Ha! I love the names you have- Marc Antony and Cleopatra. Mythology names are killer.
Old 07-06-2014, 09:49 PM   #9 
Pippin

I can't even imagine having four dogs. We have one, but he's a border collie so he has the energy of about two. I also have lots of other pets. Gerbils, hens, pheasants, fish, and four cats.

I know, guinea pigs are super cute. Ours were adopted from the animal shelter. they are really sweet, even if they are a bit silly.

All my fish are named after mythology, characters in books, and people in history. My sister has Bluejay and Sunset, and Alexirodi is a modified version of the genus that cardinal tetras belong too. His nickname (Alexei/Alexi)is borrowed from the last Tsarevich of Russia, as it's very similar. (Or at least I think so. Any Russians lurking on the forum, feel free to correct me!)