Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Art
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-15-2010, 01:32 AM   #1 
bettalover2033

The first spawning story!

This story is from both the human's and betta's POV(point of view)!
Enjoy!

The pair
Chapter 1

It was an amazing day that had started when i finally woke up from sleeping like a baby. As i opened my eyes, the first thing i could think of was today is the day to convince mom to buy the amazing looking snowy CT pair i have been eying for ever (since last night).

I Jumped out of bed and felt the FREEZING floor as i put on my ducky slippers. I ran out of my room and down the stairs as fast as i could and half way down,i slipped on one of the duck bills on the slippers and rolled the rest of the way down. OUCH! I cried as i got up from my hurting fall. I guess they dont call them "SLIPPERS" for nothing.

Mom was in the kitchen with dad eating breakfast. "Hey sweety, good morning." My mom said as she took a bite out of her bagel. "Morning mom". I said in a hurting tone. I limped to the table as she and dad laughed at me. "So why are you limping." Dad said giggling. "Because i was excited." I replied. "To do what, get hurt." He said with a smirk. "Anyway, besides my trip down the steps, can we talk about something else?" I said seriously. "I wanted to talk to you guys about something!" "Well we will talk after you eat breakfast." Mom said.

"I'm done with breakfast, can i tell you NOW?" I asked. "Yes shoot." Dad told me. "Well i was going to ask you....if...i...can...get...a...breeding...pair?" I asked reluctantly. Dad said "What and why in the world do you want to breed these so called bettas?" "They are just so interesting and cool and colorful" I explained. "Well it depends have you any time to do this? Do you have enough room in your bedroom? Do you know what and how to deal with this type of fish?" Mom questioned. "Yes ive done TONS of research" I replied. "Well its okay with me." Mom said. "Where are you supposed to be getting them?" Dad asked. "On a website called Aquabid.com, they have tons and beautiful fish there for sale." "So Jamie How much is this "Breeding pair" going to cost us?" Dad said suspiciously. "Just $50." I said with a huge grin. "WHAT!" Dad asked surprised. "$50 For two fish!?" "Yes, its for a pair so i guess its more than for a single fish." I said. "Well im sure your father and i will be able to do it!" Mom told me."Yes! I finally get to get them!" I screamed!

So later that day, i finally ordered that pair and my mom dealt with the shipping and handling stuff. So they should be here in two days! I was so excited i couldnt do anything but think of them and set up my breeding tank and get all the supplies.

First i got the Heater and live plants and a good sized cave for the female or the male, because i read in many articles that the female can be aggressive too and also be tougher than the male. So i guess the cave is for the female and male to go and hide away. After buying the Heater and plants and cave, i got the corner sponge filter, the BBS eggs and hatchery, then i ordered up some micro-worms with some vinegar eels and already had my infusorians ready. By the time the pair gets here the fry food i ordered would be here as well. So I set up the tank. I put the cave and sponge filter in first, then i stuck the heater to the bottom of the tank and made sure it was a bare bottom tank, added 6 inches of water and put the plants in, then added in the conditioner with Indian almond leaf extract and surrounded the air part of the tank with plastic wrap and everything else i was supposed to.

"Yes! Everything is ready for my amazing pair!!" I said after doing all that hard but fun work.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Should i continue? There is plenty more to come with some exciting parts!
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 01:39 AM   #2 
FuulieQ

Oh good, it's from YOUR point of view.

For a minute I thought this was going to sound like questionable material.

[edit] Oh wait, you're doing it from the betta's POV, too?! Careful on that one. xDD
FuulieQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 01:54 AM   #3 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuulieQ View Post
Oh good, it's from YOUR point of view.

For a minute I thought this was going to sound like questionable material.

[edit] Oh wait, you're doing it from the betta's POV, too?! Careful on that one. xDD
Well its not realistic.
Old 09-15-2010, 06:04 AM   #4 
fishman12

Great start BettaLover2033! I'm hooked!
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 10:12 AM   #5 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishman12 View Post
Great start BettaLover2033! I'm hooked!

Thanks! and i'll continue to do more later on today.(afterschool).
Old 09-15-2010, 08:54 PM   #6 
betta99

nice story. i haven't seen one about spawning before
betta99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 10:22 PM   #7 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by betta99 View Post
nice story. i haven't seen one about spawning before
thanks im not done yet though:)
Old 09-15-2010, 10:47 PM   #8 
MrVampire181

Well I NEED MORE!!!!
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 10:58 PM   #9 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVampire181 View Post
Well I NEED MORE!!!!
Im going to do that right now!=D

Bettalover!
Old 09-16-2010, 07:43 PM   #10 
fishman12

Ignore everything I say in this post- Come on, I need some thing to read here I get impatient and I need some more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote