Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-05-2014, 09:20 PM   #11 
Pippin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenEnvy View Post
Thanks! Hopefully everything will work out as well as it has for my male Betta. Rosie is on the left side by herself, Lemon is the yellow one (very predictable! lol), Peach is right next to her, and Sasha is on the right side. Felicity is not in the photo, but she is a silver/teal color. :)

I hope it works out too. I've owned a total of five female bettas since I started betta keeping. I got really unlucky, as at least three were/ slash are super aggressive. Victoria killed another betta, and Bluejay is super territorial, and Cleo is a tail ripper. I hope I was just really unlucky in getting aggressive females. I'm really good at getting outliers of fish species.

Hopefully you can get a picture of Felicity. She sounds really beautiful. Lemon looks really cute, and a lot like a betta. I've never seen a yellow female before. Where did you get her?
Pippin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 09:22 PM   #12 
Seki

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenEnvy View Post
I added lots more plants and decor, and now it's harder to find them all. Think it's too busy? However, they seem happier now and I don't see much chasing going on. :)
Loooove love love the version with more plants!! Trust me, with girls, the more plants the better! My sorority's been running for about a year now and I firmly believe that the fact it's stuffed with plants is one of the main reasons it's still going lol. Your girls are so cute!! Aren't they fun to watch? ^_^
Seki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 12:17 AM   #13 
InStitches

very pretty! I love it crammed with plants, I'm sure the girls will, too!

All super cute names! I have a Lemon in my "female" tank as well... found out two days ago, Lemon is a dude. Thank goodness that tank is divided.

Hopefully the girls will start coming out in the open area more -- especially when they realize you are the bearer of food!
InStitches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 03:18 PM   #14 
GreenEnvy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eviedoodlesmom View Post
Looks great please keep us posted on how it goes I would love to get my little female a tank mate.
Thanks! I'll be sure to keep everyone posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pippin View Post
I hope it works out too. I've owned a total of five female bettas since I started betta keeping. I got really unlucky, as at least three were/ slash are super aggressive. Victoria killed another betta, and Bluejay is super territorial, and Cleo is a tail ripper. I hope I was just really unlucky in getting aggressive females. I'm really good at getting outliers of fish species.

Hopefully you can get a picture of Felicity. She sounds really beautiful. Lemon looks really cute, and a lot like a betta. I've never seen a yellow female before. Where did you get her?
These are my first females and they are all so cute. Can't get over how tiny they are compared to my male Oliver. I know he used to be that small though because he had to eat micro pellets a long time ago too.

Sorry you've had to deal with so many aggressive females. I wish there were a way to interview them before you bring them home. I'll try to get a photo of Felicity too. Females sure move around a lot more faster. Lemon is currently my favorite and I picked her up at Petco. I went through their entire stock of cups and she was buried at the bottom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seki View Post
Loooove love love the version with more plants!! Trust me, with girls, the more plants the better! My sorority's been running for about a year now and I firmly believe that the fact it's stuffed with plants is one of the main reasons it's still going lol. Your girls are so cute!! Aren't they fun to watch? ^_^
I love it too! I think it gives them even more places to explore, and when they want a break from the others, they can find a little area to hide. That's fantastic you've had your sorority going that long. I know it can be tough to keep them going, but I hope mine is as successful as yours. They are so cute and fun to watch them swimming around all the plants. So far, they all seem to be quite peaceful, even during feeding time, and I haven't seen any chasing going on. I've been checking them as often as possible, and do not see any damaged fins either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InStitches View Post
very pretty! I love it crammed with plants, I'm sure the girls will, too!

All super cute names! I have a Lemon in my "female" tank as well... found out two days ago, Lemon is a dude. Thank goodness that tank is divided.

Hopefully the girls will start coming out in the open area more -- especially when they realize you are the bearer of food!
Oh no! I hope my Lemon is not a dude. That was a surprise you were probably not expecting. I'm going to make sure I examine mine very closely. As of last night, they all come up to the top when I open the lid. They are still leery of my hand when I throw the food in, but I'm sure it will take a bit longer for them to trust me, just like it did with my Oliver. :)

Last edited by GreenEnvy; 07-07-2014 at 03:20 PM.
GreenEnvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 08:28 PM   #15 
Pippin

It's amazing what pretty bettas you can find in Pet stores. My black female was a Petco find, as if one of the only two females with no known problems. I wish I could interview bettas as well. My method of getting a female to stay still is to hold a mirror by the tank. At the sight of a knew female betta, mine flare at it.
Old 07-09-2014, 05:05 PM   #16 
GreenEnvy

Quote:
It's amazing what pretty bettas you can find in Pet stores. My black female was a Petco find, as if one of the only two females with no known problems. I wish I could interview bettas as well. My method of getting a female to stay still is to hold a mirror by the tank. At the sight of a knew female betta, mine flare at it.
I tried holding up a big mirror and they really didn't seem to care. The only time they stay still is when I open the lid and they are anticipating food time.

They are still doing great and it doesn't appear anyone has gotten hurt yet. I did a 20% water change yesterday and they didn't seem to mind it at all. I also gave them each a blood worm for a treat and they weren't afraid to take it from my finger. Great progress so far!
Old 07-09-2014, 05:06 PM   #17 
Pippin

Did any bloodworms get stolen? One of my females used to steal Victoria's bloodworms.
Old 07-09-2014, 05:13 PM   #18 
GreenEnvy

Quote:
Did any bloodworms get stolen? One of my females used to steal Victoria's bloodworms.
I made sure to give one to each girl individually. Sasha is definitely the queen of the tank, so I had to keep an eye on her when feeding the others. So weird because Peach is the smallest of the bunch and Sasha seems to tolerate her better than the others. Maybe she's not as threatened by her.
Old 07-09-2014, 05:30 PM   #19 
Pippin

Bettas are really odd sometimes. So are angelfish.
Old 07-10-2014, 09:29 PM   #20 
GreenEnvy

Quote:
Bettas are really odd sometimes. So are angelfish.
Tell me about it! Today when I cleaned the gravel, they were trying to eat a mole on my arm. I kept getting pecked at repeatedly. Glad their teeth can't hurt me or I would have been their dinner. lol