Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-17-2009, 05:10 PM   #11 
Angelmonster

I am actually having a bad experience with a bowel right now. I have three bettas and two of them ar ein their own tanks. The third is in a bowel and I noticed that there seems to be hair and dust particles at the top of the tank constantly. I really hate that becaus eI think it is my dog's hair and I do not want the oils in his hair killing my betta.

Honestly stick with a tank! Tanks are always better the bowels any day! Filters and lighting designed for a tank are designed to help the fish. Plus some Bettas do jump! The one in the bowel jumped about 3 inches(thank god the bowel is really tall and I left 5 inches of space) when a fly got into the house :-/

My honest opinion: tank > bowel
Angelmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 05:26 PM   #12 
AlfaTheBeta

my first betta alpha lived in a two gallon bowl. he lived for about 1.5 years in that bowl, he was full grown when i got him, so im going to quess that he lived to a ripe age of 2.5-3. i cleaned his pen every week, and didnot really have any problems, other than popeye,wich was healed, i think he died of old age. the bowl was verry easy to take care of. all i did wwas rinse out the gravel and wipe down the glass then put new water in, pretty easy.
for my second and third bettas i have 2.5 gallon mini tanks. My female passed away after only having her for 4-5 months. i dont know what killed her. my male is currently possibly sick, but he seems to be doing fine. the 2.5 gallon tank is slightly harder to clean but i think its worth the hastle. it has a filter that keeps the water clean and toughguy seems happy.
thus i think that the tank wins against the bowl
AlfaTheBeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 11:13 PM   #13 
KenzieSK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelmonster View Post

My honest opinion: tank > bowel

yeah, it probably not a good idea to keep any kind of fish in a bowel.
KenzieSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 11:23 PM   #14 
metalbetta

Keeping any living kind of anything in a bowel.... ew. *knee slapper* lol
metalbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 12:21 AM   #15 
Alex09

Lol i wouldnt keep anything in a bowel

I live in california as well. The temp is just perfect during the day (around 90*F outside) but at night it drops by 20-30 degrees or so. And it gets cold ion the winter. I suggest you stick with heated, filtered, tanks.
Alex09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 02:40 PM   #16 
zelilaa

gaghh!!! WHY IS EVERYONE SPELLING IT BOWEL? its spelled bowl >.< gawd im sorry its just seriously starting to bother me... im in a writing for magnet so whern i see a page of the SAME WORD spelled wrong it drives me crazy.

Anyways sorry...

I think their both great if they are large enough (at least 1 gallon) and kept 100% clean. Just smaller things are harder to clean, so I recommend a 2-5 gal tank or bowl. My betta lives in a 2.5 gal tank, And just yesterday at goodwill i bought a nice 3 gallon glass bowl.
zelilaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 03:07 PM   #17 
Dizzy Izzy

I think that with bowls, u might not be able to put a heater and stuff in it but it will stay warm if you keep a light over it at night
Dizzy Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 03:49 PM   #18 
metalbetta

zeliliaa, we were joking about someone who spelled "bowl" wrong. A BOWEL is something you really don't want to put a fish in. I'm so immature I'm giggling just typing that. XD
metalbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 03:54 PM   #19 
CodeRed

o.o; Agreed. Bowel is... not fish safe XD It was just a silly joke. Really, though, if you see something like that and it bothers you, it's better to say so calmly, so you don't offend anyone. Freaking out will just get everyone riled up and on edge, with a lot of tender feelings.

But also, this thread is a year old 2 days ago o.O How do they keep getting found like this?
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 03:59 PM   #20 
weluvbettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeRed View Post
o.o; Agreed. Bowel is... not fish safe XD It was just a silly joke. Really, though, if you see something like that and it bothers you, it's better to say so calmly, so you don't offend anyone. Freaking out will just get everyone riled up and on edge, with a lot of tender feelings.

But also, this thread is a year old 2 days ago o.O How do they keep getting found like this?

Pepole just go looking through the old threads and ramdomly comment on them. Even if it means there 2 or 3 years old .
weluvbettas is offline   Reply With Quote