Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-20-2010, 07:43 AM   #11 
ThePearlFish

thanks for all your kind words and everyone who is willing to help me on here!! i feel VERY lucky to have such great support from people I don't even know personally! :)

Synthisis, I have 3 cories (all albino I don't know sexes but I believe I have maybe at least one female and one male due to slight size differences, but have never been certain at all about it, so i just named them all unisex names for the most part, not that they care if they have names or not haha :P).

Adastra- cash is extremely tight right now, since I just bought a UVB bulb for my turtle since hers broke, etc. and even just $20.00 could be almost a full tank for my old gas guzzling corolla (only between 1-2 weeks worth ), but regardless of all of that I will seriously consider the society.

I only have two bettas (both male) so if either one of you can at least consider taking maybe one each or even temporarily yourselves that would be so nice. I will really try to care for all my guys as long as possible regardless of when I can have someone take them, but am having some unknown physical issues that are catching up to me both mentally due to anxiety and stress about it and physically. I can't even go to the dr. right now cus of insurance issues that my parents are trying to help me to resolve before the week is over so I CAN go. ughh.. what a fiasco
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 08:11 AM   #12 
BlueHaven

I'm sorry you can't keep your pets. It looks like you've found people who can possible take them in! I sure hope so. :)
You don't have to feel bad, you are doing the best you can and trying to find them good homes, you are a great pet owner. Some people will just get rid of there animals if they don't want them anymore.
BlueHaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 09:29 AM   #13 
Adastra

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePearlFish View Post

Adastra- cash is extremely tight right now, since I just bought a UVB bulb for my turtle since hers broke, etc. and even just $20.00 could be almost a full tank for my old gas guzzling corolla (only between 1-2 weeks worth ), but regardless of all of that I will seriously consider the society.
Like I said, you don't have to be a member to use their forums to rehome fish or to attend a meeting and hook up with someone to take them. :) I'm not even a member and the president herself took my guppies, lol. I would be able to take just one of your boys permanently if absolutely necessary.
Adastra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 09:32 AM   #14 
ThePearlFish

I'll check it out then. It seems like I misunderstood somewhat :) it's like whew!! big weight of my shoulders, who knew saving 20 could do that?
Old 09-21-2010, 07:30 PM   #15 
Synthisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePearlFish View Post
thanks for all your kind words and everyone who is willing to help me on here!! i feel VERY lucky to have such great support from people I don't even know personally! :)

Synthisis, I have 3 cories (all albino I don't know sexes but I believe I have maybe at least one female and one male due to slight size differences, but have never been certain at all about it, so i just named them all unisex names for the most part, not that they care if they have names or not haha :P).

I only have two bettas (both male) so if either one of you can at least consider taking maybe one each or even temporarily yourselves that would be so nice. I will really try to care for all my guys as long as possible regardless of when I can have someone take them, but am having some unknown physical issues that are catching up to me both mentally due to anxiety and stress about it and physically. I can't even go to the dr. right now cus of insurance issues that my parents are trying to help me to resolve before the week is over so I CAN go. ughh.. what a fiasco
Wow wish I could say the same about gas. $35 will will my car and I go through 2-3 tanks of gas a week lol.
Synthisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 07:41 PM   #16 
ThePearlFish

I dunno why but my car keeps draining my gas and I do travel to MD to visit family every once in a while too. I always have to leave a 1/2 hr early to get to class and school on time (stupid NoVA! :P) and my school and work w/o all the traffic would only take me 15min TOPS to get to! so that doesn't help either.
Old 09-21-2010, 11:08 PM   #17 
Jupiter

Good luck with finding a home for them! I'd happily take one if we lived closer to each other...
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 07:47 AM   #18 
ThePearlFish

thanks, I hope they find a home soon too :)
Old 09-23-2010, 11:03 AM   #19 
ThePearlFish

Well, I have someone possibly interested in one or both of my extra tanks I am selling at least. Now we just have to get the fishies all settled. I also asked my work to reduce my hours so I can have a bit more time to care for my fish (and other animals)till I find them a better home.
Old 09-24-2010, 01:44 PM   #20 
Adastra

Have you had any luck yet?

A close friend of mine just lost her betta--I showed her your yellow boy and she can definitely take him if you haven't found a home already. He'll go into a cycled, planted, heated 3G Eclipse tank. I suppose if we end up meeting up anyway, I can probably take your red boy. Please let me know.

Last edited by Adastra; 09-24-2010 at 01:56 PM.
Adastra is offline   Reply With Quote