Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-19-2010, 08:17 PM   #1 
Itsonme

how to get big beatiful fins?

is there a secret to making there fins lush and large?

my 2 betta's both have semi small tails ones a VT and ones a CT

but while im also on the subject, how do you find other types of betta's and how do you help there fins grow back faster if they were torn or rotted?
Itsonme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 08:19 PM   #2 
MrVampire181

Clean water, clean water, and clean water :)
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 08:22 PM   #3 
Itsonme

oh well one of them has 5.5g tank and i change out 2 gallons of it which is like close to 40% weekly i use spring water since my tap has large particles in it

the other has a 10gal he shares with 4 pepper cory's and a snail i do 3-4 gallon changes weekly and they are both filtered and heated
Old 09-19-2010, 11:53 PM   #4 
Adastra

They should grow back eventually with clean water and warm temperatures. A high protein diet will help them build their tails up faster, so extra treats wouldn't be a terrible idea. Some people get their fish to flare for a few minutes a day in direct sunlight, this is usually when they're trying to get a young super delta to go halfmoon when he matures. The sunlight helps bring out their coloration as well--but they should not be allowed to sit in it and flare for more than just a couple minutes a day.

As for getting other tail types, you can speak to the employees at your local fish store and try to special order different tail types. Many shops will put your request in the special order book and get your fish from their distributor with their next big shipment. Alternatively, you can seek out local breeders through craigslist or by simply checking out your local clubs and aquarium societies, they're a great resource. I love my local aquarium society.
Adastra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 12:05 AM   #5 
ashleyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsonme View Post
oh well one of them has 5.5g tank and i change out 2 gallons of it which is like close to 40% weekly i use spring water since my tap has large particles in it

the other has a 10gal he shares with 4 pepper cory's and a snail i do 3-4 gallon changes weekly and they are both filtered and heated
you may need to find a water mineral replacement. I think a brand is called Equilibrium. If you ask your pet store worker they should know, or someone on here will know. Spring water is very pure and doesn't have important minerals in it, so finding a water enhancer would be great.

Also there are many foods that say "color enhancer" I don't know if those really work or not but it wouldn't to try and see if it makes a difference :]
ashleyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 07:55 PM   #6 
Itsonme

why do they half moon in the sunlight? lol