Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-20-2010, 06:31 PM   #1 
CDederick

Using plants + decorations that were in a sick betta's tank?

I have a decoration and some plants that were in a tank with a Betta that had cotton mouth (at least, I believe it was cotton mouth). I'd like to use them again for a different, healthy betta, but I'm nervous the plants and decoration are still contagious. How can I make sure they won't carry any harmful diseases? Is just washing them off really good okay, or could I just leave them out for awhile and the disease will eventually die? Also, I don't want to use my fish net again until I'm sure it's not carrying any diseases. What should I do with them?
CDederick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 02:39 AM   #2 
NEWBEE FISH

You can boil them in hot water...
NEWBEE FISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 02:18 PM   #3 
Capricorn

I believe you can boil them, clean them with vinegar, or use a very light bleach solution.. if you use with vinegar or bleach be SURE to rinse them VERY well, and let them dry out in the sun. Someone correct me if I'm wrong on this.

Whatever you do, just don't use soap.
Capricorn is offline   Reply With Quote