Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-21-2010, 06:26 PM   #1 
KukaaKatchou

Fish Illness signs

I am a new fish owner and sometimes when I am reading posts I don't quite understand everything being referred to. I have figured out "pineconing", but how do you know if your fish is bloated? What does dropsy and cottonmouth look like?

If would be wonderful if some knowledgeable people made a sticky post with the common illnesses or injuries our Bettas can get, their signs and symptoms, so that those of us new to fish could refer to it and know what to look for in hopes of catching these things early and preventing our little ones from suffering needlessly. I am keeping a list of terms to google, but I thought it would be nifty to have the information in one place.
KukaaKatchou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 06:36 PM   #2 
Adastra

I actually made a rather lengthy article and submitted it to the administrator awhile ago--however it ended up being a bit too lengthy, I think. About 12 pages in 10 pt font or something stupid like that, so I don't think anyone wanted the job of formatting it, lol. If you don't mind a wall of text, you can PM me your e-mail address and I can send it to you. It doesn't have any pictures--just a lot of descriptions and treatment options.
Adastra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 07:07 PM   #3 
rejohnson53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adastra View Post
I actually made a rather lengthy article and submitted it to the administrator awhile ago--however it ended up being a bit too lengthy, I think. About 12 pages in 10 pt font or something stupid like that, so I don't think anyone wanted the job of formatting it, lol. If you don't mind a wall of text, you can PM me your e-mail address and I can send it to you. It doesn't have any pictures--just a lot of descriptions and treatment options.
I would like a copy of it as well, I've been looking for something like that. :)
rejohnson53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 07:17 PM   #4 
ashleyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adastra View Post
lol could you send me that too? that sounds really awesome :]
ashleyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 11:23 PM   #5 
Adastra

Just send me your email addresses and I can give you the article--if I tried to paste it into PM, it would take several PMs to actually get the whole thing through due to the character limit, which is a bit of a pain.
Adastra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 06:03 AM   #6 
dipsydoodlenoodle

oh would you send it to me too, I'll PM my email :)
dipsydoodlenoodle is offline   Reply With Quote