Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-21-2010, 10:58 AM   #11 
nochoramet

I know what you mean... losing Fishy and Frusciante within the same few weeks sucked. I cleaned everything and i'm crossing my fingers. Fishy did the same thing as Freddie did, what do you think caused it? Frusciante just... died. No warning. :( I'm sorry you're going through all this.
nochoramet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 05:29 PM   #12 
1fish2fish

Freddie had an internal bacterial infection I think. I just didn't know what his symptoms meant until after he passed. Poe... I just don't know.

Now Aurora (another female in my sorority) is bloated and swimming funny. I just tested my water and I'm waiting 5 mins to get the results. I'm gonna take her out and float her in a critter keeper in the tank (so she can still be warm) I'm gonna give her a little epsom salt and try to fast her to see if maybe she just ate too much. I put a lot of pellets in the tank this morning by accident so hopefully she was just a pig. If it turns out to be something else I'm going to separate the rest of the girls into jars and dismantle the tank.

ETA.. by my test results the water is perfect. 80*F 0 AM 0 NI 0 NA and 7.6 pH (which is normal). I checked Aurora over thoroughly with a flash light and she seems relatively fine. She is a little bloated and is having trouble sinking. She seems to float upward. She's not floating to one side or another so that's good. She's in a 1/2 gall critter keeper with epsom salt so hopefully she'll get better. She was perfectly fine this morning.

Last edited by 1fish2fish; 09-21-2010 at 05:41 PM.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 05:42 PM   #13 
FireKidomaru

im sooo sorry...i know how it feels to lose more than one fishy at a time *hug* im sorry..just think all your fishys will be looking down at you from fishy heaven
FireKidomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 05:55 PM   #14 
bloo97

So sorry!
bloo97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 10:16 PM   #15 
nochoramet

Hmm.. i'm not sure what Fishy had but he did the same thing as Freddie so maybe that's what he had? Not sure. And Fru was like Poe, he just...died. But so far everything in my tank is going smooth *knocks on wood* so I hope the death wave has passed me by.
nochoramet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 11:28 PM   #16 
Jupiter

Yikes, I'm so sorry for your losses. Hope this bad spell passes over soon...
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 10:29 AM   #17 
fishyinpa

oh no! I hope the rest are doing okay. Yes as DQ said I went through a rash of losing a lot of bettas last year. Really sucked and I never did really figure out what it was. Good luck!!
fishyinpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 05:01 PM   #18 
1fish2fish

Thanks. So far Aurora is doing fine. She pooped a lot in her critter keeper since I added the epsom salt and her attitude seems to have improved. I'm going to leave her in the critter keeper for one more day just to be sure.

So far all my other fish seem fine, except Rio but he hasn't been the same since his last spawning attempt, that's why I decided to retire him from breeding.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote