Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-21-2010, 03:30 AM   #1 
shell85

nvm false alarm

ok i went to check on my guy I thought he was sleeping at first then i noticed him breathing kinda heavy so i thought it was something to do with his water i added a tiny drop of prime just to make sure everything was ok. he got up went to the surface to get a breath of air and then swam towards me but not in his usual manner but in a rather slow and sluggish pace almost like he was struggling. then he went back to a leaf and just sat there like he just died or something.... i panicked and hit the tank just make sure he was ok and he flew into a corner but then he just sat there again in the same coma type behavior. I did a partial water change today cause i had vacuumed out the gravel and only gave him one pellet today cause i was worried he hasn't pooped yet

Last edited by shell85; 09-21-2010 at 03:42 AM.
shell85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 03:34 AM   #2 
shell85

update: ok cancel the alert i think he was just a very sleepy little guy cause now he's swimming around normally but i think i just ruined our friendship by banging on the tank. cause now he doesn't even wanna follow my finger around i think he's mad at me. its 3 am and we both need to be sleeping. i woke him so rudely :(

i gave him a bloodworm for compensation

Last edited by shell85; 09-21-2010 at 03:46 AM.
Old 09-21-2010, 07:10 AM   #3 
ashleyy

aw, poor guy! it always worries me when my betta acts sluggish. is his tanked heated? Heating his tank can help the sluggishness
ashleyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 01:14 PM   #4 
shell85

Yea its heated. hes fine I just chalk it up to him just being sleepy and tried to go back to sleep but in the way he did it I thought he died in front of my eyes. Hes back to his normal self now
Old 09-22-2010, 08:10 PM   #5 
ashleyy

Thanks good that he's back to his normal self!
When my betta wasn't doing good I got him a floating toy plant, and I totally forgot I put it in there so I walked in the room all I saw is something floating at the top and my heart sunk! I was like noooo, he died in 30 mins?!?! lol -phew- just the toy plant..
ashleyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 04:53 PM   #6 
Fire Cush

my fishes fins are also crinkley at the bottom is this normal ?
Fire Cush is offline   Reply With Quote