Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-23-2010, 10:03 AM   #1 
poonah

Smile Pumps Stopped

Woke up this morning and had a look in the tank (its a 50l tank ive left to cycle for a month), i turned the light on and noticed theres a cloudy like film on the top of the water...

I also noticed the pumps not working... its a Juwel Bioflow 280. This has been stopped for at most 2 days as i check it regulary. Will it be ok to leave it off for a couple more as thats when im paid and will be buying a replacement. if not i have a small pump i used in my old 5g tank

Is the "film" a consiquence of the pump not running?

OH just to add... its a fishless cycle so no fish is being harmed :)

Any help is greatly appreciated
poonah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 05:33 AM   #2 
karlhague

Quote:
Originally Posted by poonah View Post
Woke up this morning and had a look in the tank (its a 50l tank ive left to cycle for a month), i turned the light on and noticed theres a cloudy like film on the top of the water...

I also noticed the pumps not working... its a Juwel Bioflow 280. This has been stopped for at most 2 days as i check it regulary. Will it be ok to leave it off for a couple more as thats when im paid and will be buying a replacement. if not i have a small pump i used in my old 5g tank

Is the "film" a consiquence of the pump not running?

OH just to add... its a fishless cycle so no fish is being harmed :)

Any help is greatly appreciated

are you using fish food as the ammonia source?

If so the white film is just a build up of protien and oils from the food, Its not harmful to fish

Did you try rinse your pump in some old tank water to see if it's just clogged up or not?
karlhague is offline   Reply With Quote