Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-24-2010, 06:51 PM   #1 
DragonFish

Photoshoot-New HM/RT with an Interesting Story...

Lol, so I suppose I'll start from the beginning...

A while ago when I was just first gettign into fish keeping, I purchased a little betta and his small bowl from a local craft store. I knew virtually nothing about bettas, but I had enough common sense to see that the bowl was much too small, and this little guy was added into my 50 gallon and given the name Sasuke, after one of the main characters from the anime/manga Naruto.
This guy was with me through all my little potholes and bumbs along the rode to becoming the fishkeepr I am today....living in every single tank I've ever had at least once, and tolerating my lack of knowledge. I must admit, he was also the fish that REALLY inspired me to get into fishkeeping a lot more...he was so attentive and responsive and adorable...

He was certianly one of the special ones...I had a bond with this fish for sure. So I was devastated when Sasuke came down with a bad bacterial infection and ended up passing just before last New Years....

(for those who didn't see my other post...)
So, the other night I had this strange dream that Sasuke had gotten better instead of passing on, and I still had him, and everything was well...
With that dream in mind, I headed off to work the following afternoon...and found something interesting while organizing the betta cups....
Thats right. A male who was almost identical to Sasuke...and not just in coloring(even though the similarity coloring wise is amazing...). I'd seen others with coloring like this....but it was just the WAY this one looked at me with an all-too-familiar grumpy face and dark eyes with a hint of red in them...
Something in my brain clicked and it was just like an 'OMG, HOLY CRAP, ITS HIM' moment. Lol, don't know how else to describe it...xD
But, he came home with me....there was just no way I could leave him, he HAD to be mine.

Haha, so hes not, like, amazingly-super-special-awesome-unique....but I'm absolutely in love. I'd told myself I'd never get another betta like Sasuke, because it would just be too sad...but this guy...I don't know, its almost like he IS Sasuke, as crazy as that sounds...xD Haha, Sasuke reincarnation perhaps...?
BUT, ANYWAY...I'm sure I'm boring you guys ;P LOL. Here comes the pic spam...

OH YES!! I'm also stuck between two names...Sasuke the 2nd(or Sasuke R xD) OR Nightcrawler/Kurt Wagner(something I've ALWAYS wanted to name a blue fish xD Yeah, I'm a dork.) both seem to fit this guy...o__o; LOL
What do YOU think?

Sasuke:

New Boy:

Last edited by DragonFish; 09-24-2010 at 06:55 PM.
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 06:57 PM   #2 
Learn To Fly

Wow! He's so cool! I can't believe the similarities between the two of them lol. It's funny about your dream, because it's like he was telling you that he didn't "really" die after all...you'll find him again someday. And he's even prettier now :)
Learn To Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 07:02 PM   #3 
CodeRed

He's stunning, DF. :3 Beautiful, actually. I don't know who you're kidding when you said he wasn't xD I believe in reincarnation, of a sort. I believe pets may be reincarnated...
I like the name Kurt >.> :DD

Since he's special I won't steal him from you >_<; It's hard for me to say that, LOL.
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 07:20 PM   #4 
DragonFish

Hehe,thanks you guys!! ;)
LOL, well I think hes gorgeous, what I meant was hes not like the usual totally unique ones I tend to bring home xD
I definitely believe in reincarnation...I had a dream similar to this after my first dog died. I dreamt about a larger dog with Rottie-like markings, but leaner and shorter then a Rottie with a white chest, and I was calling her "Sunflower" the name of my other dog. Then the dog next door had puppies....and the second I spotted little Roary I knew she was the dog from my dream. ;) <3

Haha, I like Kurt too! xD I'm kinda leaning towards that, honestly....
LOL, well thank you for your kind gesture CR ;D <3
Old 09-24-2010, 07:46 PM   #5 
CodeRed

<33 When my kitty goes, I hope I find her reincarnation (; She's getting old, so I don't think it'll be long now... I love her ): But it's SO cool that you found Roary that way. My dream is to bring home two puppies from the same litter :D Two Aussies.

ALSO, I think your links to your dogs in you siggie is the same :P They both lead to Roary. x33
Old 09-24-2010, 07:51 PM   #6 
nochoramet

Well of course you know what I said :) I think it is Sasuke, just given a prettier tail! lol. I think it's amazing how much they look alike!
nochoramet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 08:00 PM   #7 
DragonFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeRed View Post
<33 When my kitty goes, I hope I find her reincarnation (; She's getting old, so I don't think it'll be long now... I love her ): But it's SO cool that you found Roary that way. My dream is to bring home two puppies from the same litter :D Two Aussies.

ALSO, I think your links to your dogs in you siggie is the same :P They both lead to Roary. x33
Aww, I'm sorry about your kitty CR D: -hugs- But hopefully you can find her reincarnation <33
LOL, well my girls are Aussie/Labs, sisters from the same littler....but as different as night and day!! xD Lol, its hilarious!!

Whoopsy....xDD Fixed ^^; though I need to update Jades...xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by nochoramet View Post
Well of course you know what I said :) I think it is Sasuke, just given a prettier tail! lol. I think it's amazing how much they look alike!
Lol, I think it is too!! xD Haha, Sasuke always had trouble with his tail, seeing as hes the one who taught me how to properly care for bettas...;P
Old 09-24-2010, 08:20 PM   #8 
CodeRed

I still LOVE Jade's "evil" look xDD And I know!! :D They're what makes me want two sisters, LOL. They're so cute <3
Old 09-24-2010, 08:31 PM   #9 
Jayy

Your new guy is GORGEOUS!!!!! Congrats!! Have you found a name yet?
Jayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 08:44 PM   #10 
FireKidomaru

I LOVE NARUTO!! i acually had a fish named Kidomaru :) im a nerd! name him after another naruto character! like someone from your favorite village :) go naruto! hes beautiful btw hes soooooo blue 0_0
FireKidomaru is offline   Reply With Quote