Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-26-2010, 08:27 PM   #31 
vaygirl

My 16 gallon:

Dwarf Puffer tank:
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 06:03 AM   #32 
allikins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex09 View Post
Not what I would call heavily planted But I will be adding anubias+wisteria+more sruface plants soon :) Right now I have 2 java ferns, Hygrophelia (sprouts a new set of leaves every week).

The whole tank:

Closeup of the hygrophelia plant:

Surface plants (pothos + arrowhead) latelely they have been sprouting alot of roots. Plus these plants have "the arial advantage". Easier acess to co2 = faster growth = good ammonia + nitrate removers.
Where did you get those clips that you're using to hold up your surface plants? And they do fine with their roots just dangling there like that? Also. What is your substrate? I'm interested in getting cories and someone else told me that you have to watch what you get 'cause it can hurt their little whiskers. :[
allikins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 06:08 AM   #33 
allikins

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustardGas View Post
My boring ol' tank with the gals!

I have Corkscrew val, Amazon Sword, Hygrophila, some type of Echinodoris, Java Fern, and a stray thing or Moneywort which I took out. Also up top I have a bit of Duckweed (I did a big fat cleanout.. it's coming back quick!)
Your tank isn't boring! I like it! Also. It looks like we have the same hood. >.>; What kinda lights did you put in it? The guy at my local fish store is trying to get me to purchase this hood that's like 80 dollars. :[ Also, can yours only handle 2-15 OR 25 watts also? I thought that was confusing.

@Vaygirl: I love both of 'em! the puffer's too cute. :] What is the frilly looking plant in the middle of both of them? Wisteria?

@JB5: Definitely gorg tank. :] Are you using a soil substrate?
Old 09-27-2010, 11:55 AM   #34 
Alex09

Quote:
Originally Posted by allikins View Post
Where did you get those clips that you're using to hold up your surface plants? And they do fine with their roots just dangling there like that? Also. What is your substrate? I'm interested in getting cories and someone else told me that you have to watch what you get 'cause it can hurt their little whiskers. :[
I bought the clips from petco. They were in the heater section as they are used to hold up heaters. And yes, some species of plants do just fine growing hydroponically. Most bog plants do. I actually bought the arrowhead plant on the terrarium section of petco. They were selling various plants for only $2! will be going back soon. My substrate is just regular aquarium gravel. My cories have been fine with it. I did research on it and many people keep their cories with regular gravel with no problems.
Alex09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 04:54 PM   #35 
allikins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex09 View Post
I bought the clips from petco. They were in the heater section as they are used to hold up heaters. And yes, some species of plants do just fine growing hydroponically. Most bog plants do. I actually bought the arrowhead plant on the terrarium section of petco. They were selling various plants for only $2! will be going back soon. My substrate is just regular aquarium gravel. My cories have been fine with it. I did research on it and many people keep their cories with regular gravel with no problems.
Thanks! :] Do you use anything to feed your plants? Or did ya just plant 'em and let 'em be? Also. >.>; How many gallons is your tank? :3
Old 09-27-2010, 05:19 PM   #36 
Fermin

My 10g planted. It was overgrown solid with hornwort but I recently snipped it back so that my bettas can actually swim around (although they rarely leave their logs so I don't know why I bothered lol).

There's also wisteria, anacharis, anubias, green myrio, rotala, microsword, large marimo, and baby marimo in there.

Fermin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:14 PM   #37 
Alex09

Quote:
Originally Posted by allikins View Post
Thanks! :] Do you use anything to feed your plants? Or did ya just plant 'em and let 'em be? Also. >.>; How many gallons is your tank? :3
My tank is 10 gallons and I use API leaf zone plant fertilizer.
Alex09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 08:29 AM   #38 
allikins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fermin View Post
My 10g planted. It was overgrown solid with hornwort but I recently snipped it back so that my bettas can actually swim around (although they rarely leave their logs so I don't know why I bothered lol).

There's also wisteria, anacharis, anubias, green myrio, rotala, microsword, large marimo, and baby marimo in there.
lol at least you made it to where you can see 'em even if they're in the logs. xD I like your baby marimos :3

@Alex09: Thank you thank you thank you for answering my 500 questions.
Old 09-28-2010, 09:36 PM   #39 
dramaqueen
Banned

Nice tanks!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote