Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-28-2010, 07:50 PM   #1 
wallywestisthebest333

Talking So I'm still alive. =] Vegan cookies, protests, and 5 gallon cycling! <3

I'm just SUPER busy! XD

Also the internet at my student apartment has been broken for what.... an entire MONTH now? Srsly not cool.

They just fixed it by contracting a local internet company to come in and install some private modems for us separate from the rest of the college's. great right?
Wrong. They were all unsecured (which means they didn't require a password) for all of 3 days (WHEN I WASN'T THERE!!!) and now they're all secured! Only my Resident Advisor knows the password and it seems like he's avoiding answering his door. >8[ I'll find you man!!!!!!!!!

I'm on campus right now. I shouldn't have to be. I HATE riding my bike in the dark in a strange city!!!!!!! GUH!!!!!!

I also accidentally skipped my exam in my music class today. Hoorah. UHG!!!!!!!!

And to top it all off my phone broke yesterday. =/

MOVING ON TO BETTER NEWS!!!!!!!! :'D

I've become SUPER active in my environmental club, I might be getting AWESOME food for vegans on campus (other than the special Vegan, Allergy free, Gluten free tasteless bar in the expensive cafeteria), AND I just went to an AWESOME PROTEST IN DC!!!!!!!!! <3

There'll be another thread on that.... whenever I get the darned password for the internet and I can create the thread comfortably in my apartment. :]

So Genie's doing well other than the fact that I accidentally caused him to take a chunk out of his dorsal and caudal fins.... I was playing chase the finger with him in his tank. I started going in tight circles around him and his final bite missed my finger and got his fins. My head still hurts from the massive facepalm I did. UHG. I just can't win today. ;_;

Oh well He'll heal in a week. He's healthy. :]

In other Genie-related news: I'm setting up the five gallon this Saturday! (every other day changes have been killing me) =] I'm going back home on Wednesday by train (mostly XD) and when I get home I'm picking up ammonia, gravel, and plants (along with bulk groceries XD) and being driven home.

So I'm SUPER excited about everything I've managed to accomplish in the past 5 days regarding the environment and I can't wait to see what I can do in the future concerning Genie!!!!! <3

Also if you want a recipe for some AMAZING vegan cookies ask and I'll post it.

BTW Flax seeds are awesome and delicious. <3

OH!!!! And for anyone that didn't know my mom and dad are back together! =D He decided to stop being.... insert unsavory words here.... and to come back home! =D I'm still a little wary of him but I love him and I'm glad my parents are patching things up! <=]

Well sorry if this was a waste of your time. I just figured my friends on here would want to know what in the world has been going on with me! XD And If you're new and we haven't met: HI THERE! :D WANNA BE FRIENDS? :'D
wallywestisthebest333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 08:04 PM   #2 
TigerLily

I'd love some recipes! I went vegetarian last year and made the change to vegan this past spring. It's awesome to hear that you're so active in supporting veganism and the environment. ^_^
TigerLily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 08:05 PM   #3 
Betta Slave

Yayyyy you're back! :DD

Glad everything's going well. Too bad about the internet and everything else, though :/

And I know how frustrating that can be, regarding Genie. XDD I was doing the same thing with Felix. ...Blargh.

Anyway, yeah, glad you're back

And those vegan cookies sound good... I'd love the recipe, please ^-^
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 08:15 PM   #4 
wallywestisthebest333

Talking

Ya'lls' wish is my command! :D

As soon as I get the password for the internet! :'D The file is on my laptop in the apartment! XD

... wait... I actually CAC give it to you! =]

Here's the link XD

Keep in mind that the chocolate chips MUST be vegan! If there's any dairy listed on the ingredients then it's not vegan.

I made an exception concerning whether or not it was made on equipment that previously processed dairy but that was my choice. (as I'm not vegan myself I wasn't bothered too much by it)

Trader Joe's brand Semi-sweet chocolate chips are vegan as are most semi-sweet chocolate chips including Ghiradelli's bittersweet 60% cacao chocolate chips. Read the label though!!!! SERIOUSLY don't wanna mess that up if you're cooking for a vegan or if you're vegan yourself. =]
Old 09-28-2010, 08:23 PM   #5 
TigerLily

Yeah, since going vegan I've become a champion label-reader, lol. Thanks so much for posting the link! I'll have to try that out.
Old 09-28-2010, 08:28 PM   #6 
Betta Slave

Thank you for the link :D I'm not vegan, but vegetarian is close enough. I can't wait to try that recipe out...
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 08:35 PM   #7 
wallywestisthebest333

My sentiments exactly! :D I'm gonna be eating as much vegan as I can! Lord knows I need the health benefits! XD

I find that despite what the directions said I had no problems mixing it 100% with a spatula until the chocolate chips needed to be added... there's no way to avoid doing that by hand unless you use a stand mixer on low speed. =/ and even then I don't think the distribution will be even. =/

On a side note I LOVE how the soy and flax mixture tastes JUST LIKE bananas when you mix it with the sugar! :D

Down side is that blenders are loud and terrifying. D: And that there's 2 whole cups of sugar in it! XD It's asking for cavities and other problems! XD TOTALLY WORTH IT THOUGH! :D

By the way: HELLO THAR Tiger Lily I DON'T BELIEVE WE'VE MET!!!!!! :D

And I just ate like 5 chocolate chip cookeis so I'm a LITTLE hyper right now! XD

Last edited by wallywestisthebest333; 09-28-2010 at 08:37 PM.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:06 PM   #8 
dramaqueen
Banned

It sounds like a good, healthy recipe whether you're vegan or not.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 10:37 PM   #9 
TigerLily

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallywestisthebest333 View Post

By the way: HELLO THAR Tiger Lily I DON'T BELIEVE WE'VE MET!!!!!! :D
I don't think we have, but hello-let's be friends! :D
Old 09-29-2010, 07:44 AM   #10 
BlueHaven

Oh, no more chocolate. xD
-has been eating way too much chocolate-
But cool recipee...! I've been missing cooking lately.
I eat vegan foods cause i'm a veggie -
I don't drink milk, well not usually.

Best wishes on setting up the 5 gallon, I find it fun setting up new tanks....-loves to decorate/design-
BlueHaven is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
college, cycling, life, protest, vegan