Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-29-2010, 01:54 AM   #11 
Crystallia

the water is too cold? r u sure? so i should change water every two days? my sister says that she does not have money to buy the new tank

and he has no spots on him
Crystallia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 06:55 AM   #12 
ashleyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajones108 View Post
ashleyy = The large critter keeper is about 4 gallons. The medium critter keeper is about 2.5-3 gallons.

I have both and a regluar 2.5 gallon tank, and a 5 gallon tank, just to clarify this for you. :p
lol i put in the measurements on a calculator on the internet and it said it was about 5 gallons. Then I filled it with water from my gallon jugs and it was 2.5. I don't know, I'm going to do it again today lol. It does seem bigger than 2.5.
ashleyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 09:18 AM   #13 
Capricorn

It's a 2.5, I have one sitting next to my 5gal as a temp tank and it's half the size. P:

If you filled it and it only took 2.5 gallons of water, that tells you right there. xD It's not going to be different if you do it again.

@Chrys; If you bowl is not heated, unless your home is 85+ degrees consistently, the water is too cold. Considering that you don't know the temperature, either, I'm sure that's part of the problem. And yes, the water should be changed more often.

Try to look in to some cheap alternatives to tanks if you can't afford one. Critter Keepers are good, and I've seen a photo someplace of a tank fashioned out of an empty 2 gallon animal cracker container. You can still provide for your fish on a limited budget.

Last edited by Capricorn; 09-29-2010 at 09:22 AM.
Capricorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 10:01 AM   #14 
Ajones108

Must be different brands of critter keepers then. lol
Ajones108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 12:05 PM   #15 
Crystallia

yeah but D: why isn't he eating? what should i do to make him eat T_T
are we sure it is the temperature of the water? what temperature should it have? :(

i will tell her about those :(
Old 09-29-2010, 03:40 PM   #16 
windfire

it seems like it. what everyone forgets is that bettas are in fact tropical fish and have the same requirements that any other tropical fish has, i.e a consistant temp of about 24-25 degrees celsius. water changes are important aswell as your bowl will probably have a build up of ammonia which is toxic to fish, hence the frequent water changes to remove the ammonia and other waste products produced by fish. because its a small body of water the build up happens alot quicker than in a larger tank. hope this helps ;)
windfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 03:58 PM   #17 
Crystallia

so after we do this the fish will eat? :(
Old 09-29-2010, 08:31 PM   #18 
Capricorn

Give him a couple days, then try to offer a small amount of food again. If he's hungry, he will eat. They can go for a long while without food, and he won't starve himself to death on you, so don't worry.
Capricorn is offline   Reply With Quote