Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-29-2010, 06:22 PM   #1 
Rawriie

Exclamation Omigawsh better!~

Hai!~ I just have a few questions (as usual) xD Well, the thing is, I have a filter and im afraid that it might be too strong and move the water too much...and also, I have a heater, except after hearing all those stories about some people`s Bettas boiling alive in their aquarium...I really wanna have the best one out there Dx

So any of you can give me some advice?
I Have a 5 gallon tank with my Betta fish. No other fish, just him xD
Thanks in advance, Everyone!!! <3333
Rawriie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 08:40 PM   #2 
Capricorn

Boiling alive? o.o

Well, is your heater adjustable? If it is you can just set it to a temperature and it will shut off when the water is right. (: If it isn't adjustable, what's the wattage on it? (25w, 50w, etc?) In a 5gal you should be fine, it's the little tiny tanks that you have to really be careful of. I have one adjustable and one non-adjustable, and so far I see very little fluxuation in temperature from both. Hoping that it'll stay that way this winter, if it doesn't I'll be buying another adjustable for my own 5gal.

For the filter, there's a really easy sticky on baffling it to make the flow hit the side of the tank instead of directly into the water.. I just did it in my 10gal. You basically take a plastic water bottle, cut a hunk out, and attach it so the water goes off of it. The thread has all sorts of pictures to help you step-by-step. Mine's stuck on with a rubber band, it works perfectly.
Capricorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5 gallon aquarium, advice, filter, heater