Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-29-2010, 06:01 PM   #21 
MrVampire181

UGGG, bettas are so mistreated......if we ever do this at my school I'm breaking in and stealing all of them ;)
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 06:02 PM   #22 
MrVampire181

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplemuffin View Post
Question: Would the Marineland stealth heater still be good for a 10 gallon tank?
Yes, they're the same as other heaters...just easier to use :P Get the 50 watt, it'll be perfect :)
Old 09-29-2010, 06:18 PM   #23 
purplemuffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVampire181 View Post
UGGG, bettas are so mistreated......if we ever do this at my school I'm breaking in and stealing all of them ;)
My heart cried for all those poor animals, I still can't believe the torture those poor geckos were forced into. Awful, crickets are nasty, NEVER leave them with your animals! Ugh. So mad! I would have taken them all if I was there!
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 09:23 PM   #24 
Capricorn

Ugh, that's horrifying. I hate to say it, but I figured that this would be the result. :c I'm glad that at least Ryan is taking care of his and he'll come home at the end of the week.

If you have the number for the school district, call and complain about the teacher. On the hermit crab forums someone said they did this and the teacher was severely reprimanded for doing such an experiment. It doesn't matter the species, animal cruelty is unacceptable. They want their children to learn? Yeah, teaching them "responsibility" by letting them abuse a creature for a week is a REAL great thing for the youth of America.

Whatever you do, if you do call or complain, let them know how it upsets you but remain civil. Tell them as many details as you can.
Capricorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 09:32 PM   #25 
purplemuffin

Technically it's got it's own school district, it's a weird charter school in the middle of nowhere that somehow got it's own..system. LOL! I actually love the school, but they hired a ton of new teachers this year, this guy being one of them. I talked to some of the staff, and I think the huge amount of sobbing middle schoolers has brought the issue to the attention of some of the teachers! The school is like a family, and this isn't what a good family does. I think this experiment will not exist next year. Thank goodness!
Old 09-29-2010, 09:34 PM   #26 
Capricorn

That's good! If you get a chance you can still call, though. Hearing from people that are concerned from outside of the school (friends of students, family, etc) usually also has a large impact.

Wait, I must have missed the middle-schooler part. e.e I thought these guys were like 8th-9th graders. Doing an experiment like that when it's fairly obvious that the animal will die? That's horrible to do to a grade schooler. :/

akjdhfkasrantrantrant.

Stuff like this makes me so angry.. xD;;
Capricorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 09:47 PM   #27 
purplemuffin

Yeahhh it's not fun. They are 8th graders, LATE middleschoolers. And also, the whole school family thing..Half the teachers are parents of kids, all the kids are friends, and it's one building with 3rd-12th grade!
Old 09-29-2010, 10:12 PM   #28 
MrVampire181

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplemuffin View Post
Yeahhh it's not fun. They are 8th graders, LATE middleschoolers. And also, the whole school family thing..Half the teachers are parents of kids, all the kids are friends, and it's one building with 3rd-12th grade!
I'm in 8th grade.....I breed and raise bettas...you don't see my bettas rotting away in their jars....gosh this stuff makes teens look bad because...they really don't care and it makes the teacher look stupid (COUGH COUGH!!!).
Old 09-29-2010, 10:32 PM   #29 
purplemuffin

I really wish I was there XD I would have printed out caresheets for each of those students!

It's surprising just how LITTLE research was done by these students! One of them bought saltwater fish :O!! That didn't last very long.. :/

Last edited by purplemuffin; 09-29-2010 at 10:34 PM.