Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-29-2010, 07:11 PM   #1 
FuulieQ

Unhappy ;-; Argh

There's a really cute, ugly betta in my LFS. I call him Monsterface. He's been there for at least two weeks.

I really want to buy him, but I've pretty much been told no until my next chemistry test, since I have a history of biting off more than I can chew. I feel so horrible for him, he's been there so long and the store does take comparatively decent care of him, but I know they don't give their customers quite the right instructions... I have all the supplies I need for him at my other house... I just don't want him to go to a bad home, and I don't want to get in over my head again like I was when I was trying to raise the tadpoles and adult frogs and Freedy all at the same time.

I don't have enough space for another five gallon, so he'd have to be in something smaller.

What to dooooooo?? ;___;
FuulieQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 09:40 PM   #2 
Drift

Get a 2.5 gallon? As long as you can keep up with the water changes they usually are an ok size. :) He'll be going to a good home for sure if you buy him. You seem already attached so I would bring him home. XD Thats how my limit to 4 ended up at 5. >.> I saw this one betta at the store for 3 weeks and I had grown way to attached.
Drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 09:42 PM   #3 
naturegirl243

My motto is if you name them you need to bring them home thats what happened when I got diego lol thats how I got two HMPK insted of one lmao.
naturegirl243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 10:02 PM   #4 
FuulieQ

Haha. :) Yeah, I'm really attached... ;_; I just didn't expect him to still be there this week!! I do have a tank and everything for him. I'll just get in really huge trouble for it, is all... I do have to wait a while if I buy him. If I come in next week and he's still there, I'm taking my parents in to see him, and see if they can still refuse.

It's really sad that I still have to obey my parents at my age... but they're already taking care of my frogs while I'm away, so they always bring that up when I ask to get him.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:44 PM   #5 
naturegirl243

You could maybe ask the store if they could hold the fish for you if you really wanted him.I don't know when your test is though lol.
naturegirl243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 10:52 PM   #6 
Capricorn

I bring home things I'm not supposed to on my parents all the time. xD;; I didn't tell them I had bought my aqua bid pair until they were in the mail already.

Yeah, you could always ask the store to hold him for you. It never hurts to ask. (:
Capricorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 11:47 PM   #7 
FuulieQ

Yeah... I think I will ask. The shop owners aren't terribly friendly, but hopefully they'll oblige if it means selling an ugly fish. Although I don't really think he's ugly... he's just gotten less active and spry since I last saw him.

I walked up to him, though, and he perked up. c: Daaaaw. Cute little booger, making me spend my money. >:I
Old 09-30-2010, 12:19 AM   #8 
FuulieQ

You know... the more I think about it, the more I realize now is a pretty bad timre for me to be getting another fish....

I wonder if someone on this forum lives near me and would be willing to take him after I nurse him and make sure he's healthy.