Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-28-2010, 05:59 PM   #1 
Isaac255

My issue with filter need ur advice

have a 5gal tank I got from petco came with everything but heater and gravel the filter it has on the flow is strong the 2 bettas have a little hard time swimming if they go in front of it so I went and got one of them air pump filter combo and use that my question is should I use both will the one that came with the tank for the bettas or should I stick with the air pump filter combo? I know that betas don't like strong flow I just need ur input Thank you very much = )
Isaac255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 06:42 PM   #2 
Adastra

Wait--there's two bettas in the tank? Is the tank divided so that the fish are separated? If not, regardless of whether the bettas are male, female, or a mixture of the two, the fish should be separated immediately.

As for the filter question, can you tell us more about what brand/model filters you bought?
Adastra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 06:48 PM   #3 
Isaac255

Exclamation

I'm sorry took long they are 2 tanks same set up http://s.petco.com/assets/header/logo_petco.gif
Old 09-29-2010, 07:57 PM   #4 
Isaac255

Exclamation

And these are the filter I got for both of then http://www.petco.com/product/12147/P...ilter-Kit.aspx
Old 09-30-2010, 03:58 AM   #5 
JorgeBurrito

Personally I would probably return the filters you got and just use the filter that came with the tank. You will want to add a baffle where the water comes out of the filter to try and lessen the flow. An aquarium safe piece of sponge works well. Bettas can handle current just fine as long as their are some places in the tank that are calm and they can rest in.

If returning is not an option no reason to run both filters, use the air pump filter.
JorgeBurrito is offline   Reply With Quote