Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-30-2010, 01:09 PM   #1 
purplemuffin

Best place to get live plants?

Where do you buy your live plants? I remember a while ago someone posted a link, I cannot find it! It was a nice website..had plants, with caresheets on each plant..and they also sold shrimp! I remember she had big big marimo balls for sale :O

I'm curious, I'd love to find that website again/if there are others you like to buy from! :) I want big healthy plants!

Edit: Oh! Just as I typed this I found the website I was looking for :) I still want to know where everyone else prefers to buy their plants!!
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 01:13 PM   #2 
Adastra

You mean here? http://plantedaquariumscentral.com/ ;3

I really want to get a few of those dwarf lilies, Nymphaea stellata. I hear they're wonderful for betta tanks.
Adastra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 01:15 PM   #3 
purplemuffin

XD Why yes that is the place! I keep seeing that website pop up, a lot of people seem to really trust them :O The plants are all healthy and awesome?

:3 i really want that 'lawn' effect with the dwarf hairgrass.. so cool XD

It's bad, I made the mistake of watching aquascaping videos. O_O Just wait til the day I get a sorority...

It will be phenomenal XD!
Old 09-30-2010, 01:33 PM   #4 
Adastra

They're packaged really well and she almost always sends extra. I recommend using lilaeopsis instead of hairgrass though, it will grow a lush carpet in low light.
Adastra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 02:01 PM   #5 
purplemuffin

Good to know! I will make a note of that! I like all this super early set up.. it gives me a lot of time to save up and buy things in advance!

In a sorority/community tank: generally it's best to buy the ladies last right? So they don't get territorial?

Again, this is for years in the future XD Just want to know now so I will be informed when I make my purchases!
Old 09-30-2010, 02:19 PM   #6 
vaygirl

Thanks for pointing out the dwarf lilies. I'm going to order a couple. :D

I sometimes order from aquariumplants.com too and there was a site run by someone on our parent forum. They sent me a bunch of free snails (I only had to pay shipping). They were really nice to deal with. I'll see if I can find the site....

Edit: Sweet Aquatics. Nice people!

Last edited by vaygirl; 09-30-2010 at 02:23 PM.
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 03:53 PM   #7 
Lion Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adastra View Post
You mean here? http://plantedaquariumscentral.com/ ;3

I really want to get a few of those dwarf lilies, Nymphaea stellata. I hear they're wonderful for betta tanks.
Yup - that's where I get mine also. Matter of fact, it's the ONLY place I will purchase plants from!
Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 04:53 PM   #8 
purplemuffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Mom View Post
Yup - that's where I get mine also. Matter of fact, it's the ONLY place I will purchase plants from!
YOU'RE the one who mentioned it last time I think! XD Awesome! I'm considering buying from there when I get a good set up tank :)
Old 09-30-2010, 07:48 PM   #9 
Alex09

I dont order online unless I can help it. So far the only aquatic plants I have are Java fern and Hygrophila. I bought both from petco in those tube things (those are so underrated). Only growth on the java fern is some new baby plants on the tip of the older leaves. The hygrophila however has developed like 6-8 new leaves per stem (its only been a few weeks). And the leaves are getting BIG. Will be trying water wisteria soon :D
Alex09 is offline   Reply With Quote