betta fish

Old 09-29-2010, 04:41 PM   #11 
bloo97

What's vegan?

Glad to see you back!
bloo97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 05:13 PM   #12 
TigerLily

Vegan- Using no animal products at all, this includes not only food but other things as well, such as clothing, cosmetics, etc..

It's a stricter form of Vegetarianism (no food made from animal products) and the more common Lacto-ovo-Vegetarian (no meat, but does include diary/eggs).

Last edited by TigerLily; 09-29-2010 at 05:18 PM.
TigerLily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 11:11 PM   #13 
BettaGirl290

Hel-lo im Betta girl! call me BG! anywho all this talk about vegan i just thought about this ok here it goes
JASON MRAZ IS A VEGAN
BEYONCE IS ALLERGIC TO PERFUME
I LIKE PIE AND BETTAS!
THAT IS ALL
BettaGirl290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 11:59 AM   #14 
wallywestisthebest333

Why hello there BG nice to meet you! =] Doubly nice since your name acronym is the same as Booster Gold's! =]

Hi Bloo! =] Well I wouldn't go so far as animal-free clothing (I like my wool) but I'm definitely doing the eating bit.

You don't really have to go the whole 9 yards with the clothing and makeup bit to be vegan though. =] I think being vegan is just like being an omnivore, it's a choice. I personally feel that there shouldn't be a ton of rules to it! XD Lord knows there aren't rules for being an omnivore.

For some reason lately veganism has evolved into a classist society. You're not REALLY VEGAN in some peoples' eyes unless you eat only local, seasonal, organic, fairtrade, food and don't used anything that's even remotely related to animals (even transit issues)! XD This is where the fabled "Vegan Police" come in! XD

I just don't want to be apart of the bigger issuee. =P Thus no more animal food stuffs like eggs, milk, and the like. =] I try to eat local and seasonal anyway so that part I'm good with.

Personally I'm being vegan for health reasons, and to be more environmentally friendly. =]

That said being vegetarian (lacto-ovo (milk and egg) vegetarian) is still taking a LEAP in the right direction! =] The reason being that you're taking the slaughter of animals, the grain used to raise them, the carbon used to transport them and their meat and to process the meat, health problems associated with a diet high in meat consumption, and many other factors out of your personal equation. Which lowers your eco-footprint, makes you healthier, and has a lasting effect on your self image and conscience.

Or you could continue to be an omnivore and eat more consciously. Local food, seasonal food, food in which growth hormaones aren't a factor, mostly veggies and little meat, ect.

This sounds difficult but it isn't really. XD

After research and the first month or so of shopping vegan vegetarian or aware omnivore you get into the same brand and place habits that you did when you were shopping and eating as an un-aware omnivore. =] It becomes routine and you stop thinking about it. =]

It's kinda like fish keeping in a way! XD

Hope that answered some questions. =]

Anyway.

Life continues to be both really good and really bad! XD

I accidentally skipped my American Pop exam. >.< I have no idea how I'll do in that class now. =[

I ended up not being able to get gravel or ammonia... so I'll be cycling with fish food. =/ Oh well. Hopefully I can find a way to order online. =/

Also my phone broke Monday and I just got a replacement: a Samsung Intensity II. I WAS in love with it. Then I found out it doesn't record video and the camera is sub-par. =/ It's just not the phone for me. I REALLY don't want the ridiculous $10.00 data plan that they want to sade; you with for most phones but all the data-free phones don't have video.... brb
wallywestisthebest333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 12:19 PM   #15 
wallywestisthebest333

So I'm in a tight spot because of that. =/ I may end up having to keep my phone which would suck but whatever. =/ I'm hoping that my env2 was just slightly water damaged or something and that a week in rice will fix it. That'd be awesome! =]
wallywestisthebest333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 03:33 PM   #16 
frogipoi

Thats where you have been!I thought you left BettaFish forever :))
frogipoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 03:37 PM   #17 
TigerLily

I'm totally not doing this to argue or anything, just talking about it for the sake of clarity. Sorry if it feels like I'm hijacking the thread, I'll stop after this if you'd like.

Quote:
You don't really have to go the whole 9 yards with the clothing and makeup bit to be vegan though. =] I think being vegan is just like being an omnivore, it's a choice. I personally feel that there shouldn't be a ton of rules to it! XD Lord knows there aren't rules for being an omnivore.
While it's true that being vegan isn't about purity, the extent of our efforts do matter. The only difference between a strict vegetarian and a vegan is clothing/cosmetics/etc. The diet of both is exactly the same, lifestyle is where it all branches out. :3

Last edited by TigerLily; 10-01-2010 at 03:47 PM.
TigerLily is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
college, cycling, life, protest, vegan