Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-30-2010, 07:43 PM   #11 
zelilaa

i actually love your plastic plant! its awesome! just because something is plastic, does NOT mean its bad. so dont worry about that. as long as it passed the pantyhose test were good :)
zelilaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 08:03 PM   #12 
bELIve

Hi I'm new, and I bought the exact same tank that armywife4 has... my Betta was fine in it for a few days, I realized yesterday that he was finning, and today i realized he had puffed out air bubbles while finning and then his side gills (by his mouth) went out and he seemed to charge at the glass. judging by this reaction i took him out immediately and placed him into a smaller bowl with a few plants to hid himself behind. his tank is set up so nicely, i tried covering the tank walls with paper, i gave him plenty of nice things and plants, he was happy until today.... HELP!?
bELIve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 05:52 PM   #13 
Tomsk

Finning as in flaring (when they flare all their fins out?).He is probably seeing his own reflection in the glass and squaring up to it seeing it as another Betta.If it is that,you could put plants by that section of glass to hide the reflection.

Armywife4..
..a filter isnt needed if you are doing that many w/c but if you use one it will mean only doing one 50% w/c a week (though beware of filters that have a strong current).

Tomsk
Tomsk is offline   Reply With Quote