Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-02-2010, 04:37 PM   #1 
LappyGreen

tank question

I have a lovely betta, Finneus. I've managed to keep him alive for over a year, which is a large accomplishment. haha

He's currently in a 2.5 gallon Aqueon mini-bow tank and has been doing well with his random vacations and trips in the car (as I go on business trips often and he and the tank need to go to grandma's!).

His filter just broke. i got one of those whisper ones to replace it and he has gone batshiz crazy ever since. He keeps hiding between the suction cups (has ruined his tail) and is flipping out of the water. I noticed he's not eating anywhere near what he usually does, but has eaten.

Should i just nix the whole whisper filter (which btw has been off for 2 days because I was worried and he's at least calmed down) and buy a new tank (uggg) or will he adjust to it?
LappyGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 09:00 PM   #2 
karlhague

Quote:
Originally Posted by LappyGreen View Post
I have a lovely betta, Finneus. I've managed to keep him alive for over a year, which is a large accomplishment. haha

He's currently in a 2.5 gallon Aqueon mini-bow tank and has been doing well with his random vacations and trips in the car (as I go on business trips often and he and the tank need to go to grandma's!).

His filter just broke. i got one of those whisper ones to replace it and he has gone batshiz crazy ever since. He keeps hiding between the suction cups (has ruined his tail) and is flipping out of the water. I noticed he's not eating anywhere near what he usually does, but has eaten.

Should i just nix the whole whisper filter (which btw has been off for 2 days because I was worried and he's at least calmed down) and buy a new tank (uggg) or will he adjust to it?

He should adjust to it, Just make sure the outflow of the filter isnt making too much current for him, this can stress bettas out..

When my betta acts the slightest bit weired I make a small 25-50% water change to rule the environment out as to whats causing him to act un-normal
karlhague is offline   Reply With Quote