Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-02-2010, 07:18 PM   #1 
Fawnleaf

Live Foods?

Hay guys!

I have a betta sorority and a male!! Proud!! lol But I've been feeding them pellets (they love them!) and I am going to give them frozen blood worms as a treat every Saturday night (starting next week). However, I was wondering if live foods were better? I would love to try to give them some live foods, something to chase. :) But what would you suggest, if anything? I don't have too much room, no extra tanks, but I could set up a large bowl if needed. Please nothing expensive or gross (like live worms) but I'm open to suggestions!!! :)

Also, when you add your suggestion, could you please mention what kind of benefits the girls would get?

Thanks!
~Alissa
Fawnleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 07:58 PM   #2 
karlhague

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawnleaf View Post
Hay guys!

I have a betta sorority and a male!! Proud!! lol But I've been feeding them pellets (they love them!) and I am going to give them frozen blood worms as a treat every Saturday night (starting next week). However, I was wondering if live foods were better? I would love to try to give them some live foods, something to chase. :) But what would you suggest, if anything? I don't have too much room, no extra tanks, but I could set up a large bowl if needed. Please nothing expensive or gross (like live worms) but I'm open to suggestions!!! :)

Also, when you add your suggestion, could you please mention what kind of benefits the girls would get?

Thanks!
~Alissa

Hey What about Brine shrimp?

Their cool and betta's seem to love chasing them around..
karlhague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 08:09 PM   #3 
Fawnleaf

What do they require? I COULD get them a one gallon tank w/ filter, but no heater... how would I get them? Do I get them as eggs or live? Will they breed in captivity? That would make my Dad happier so we don't have to go to the petstore. (My dad is obsessed with keeping me away from there! URGH!) They don't need heaters, do they? Would they be just a treat for them or a regular meal? I'd probably feed them pellets, regularly though. :)
Fawnleaf is offline   Reply With Quote