Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-04-2010, 02:28 PM   #1 
windfire

Wink pics of the new male A

ok so this is Ares, i think he's a spade or delta tail, what do you think? he's quite a aggresive bugger, but he made his first bubblenest for me today . i've never had a betta build me one so im quite chuffed. i was going to stop medicating tonight so was doing a 50% water change, went to go get my water that had been standing and when i got back the silly lil bugger had got sucked up by the hose i use to siphon water out, so meds are back in cos he split his tail, after the other split i got him with was just healing nicely and skinned his head and one side. i'm using TetraMedi General Tonic and will make sure his water is nice and clean. i actually think he was trying to fight with the hose. silly he's creating havoc with my shrimp, he's killed and half eaten 3 of my large ones bad Ares he's hiding behind the mountain now cos he fought with something bigger than him and lost hehe the last pic is of him checking out the new ornament i couldnt resist it, i should have got the one where they were drinking saki hehe
Attached Images

windfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 02:40 PM   #2 
nochoramet

He's adorable! I think he is a delta
nochoramet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 02:45 PM   #3 
wallywestisthebest333

He's so pretty! =D I think he's a delta as well but I could be wrong. XD

That statue that you have is so cool! <3 I can't wait till I get a proper break from school and I can go around flea markets and Dixie Pottery looking for cute tank decor! <3
wallywestisthebest333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 02:55 PM   #4 
DragonFish

Definitely not a spade, possibly a Delta but I'm thinking VT, but hard to see with the pics....how many rays does he have?

Hes such a pretty little boy though <3 I love his coloring.
DragonFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 03:59 PM   #5 
windfire

thanks guys, i got caught by his blue eyes. i will take some nicer pics when i'm not medicating the tank, the meds make it look funky. i love the black trimming on all his fins, the female i bought with him is getting the same black trimming so i think they may be siblings. i moved her and the other female to my community cos Ares is so mean. once his fins have healed up abit i'll hold a mirror up to him and get some nice ones of him flaring. Dragon fish what are the rays?
Old 10-04-2010, 04:35 PM   #6 
DragonFish

Are the two females together? You might want to separate them if they're the only two...females can be just a vicious as males, and one will end up kill the other or they'll end up killing each other :/

Rays are the branching on a bettas fins. Lets see if I can find a good pic...
Lol, okay, went ahead and made one...

Coming out from the base of the fin, you can see that the ray has split into two....and then further down each ray again splits into two again. That would be four rays. :)
If Ares has 4 rays, then hes a Delta, if he has only two, then hes a VT ;)
DragonFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 03:20 PM   #7 
windfire

the best i can see he has only 2 rays, but i'll have to find a mirror and get him to flare so i can see the rays properly, it'll have to wait for a few days i want to give his tail plenty time to heal the splits before he flares again. thanks dragon that is a very useful way to tell the difference.

@wallywestisthebest thanks i love them too and they just fit so well in the setup. there were a couple, this one has them playing checkers, there was one where they were drinking saki, playing an instrument, and counting money hehe.