Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-05-2010, 04:59 PM   #1 
shemetz

Question where an wich?

so finnally i will be able to get another beta. yay!
and i need a new tank. obviously.
so does anyone now of a certin CHEEP tank that will be sutable for my new beta fish?
shemetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 05:03 PM   #2 
eclover09

Try looking at petco, where there reptile/fish sale items are. I got two nice 1.5 gallon filtration tanks with hood lights for ten bucks each and they work great. Also once saw the two gallon tank I got for my first fish for like, half off, so they have pretty good sales on fish tanks if you catch it right.
eclover09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 06:01 PM   #3 
Adastra

I'm confused--I thought I'd read about you already having a 5 or a 10 gallon tank that you'd divided.. that didn't end up working out?

Personally, I'm not a fan of getting the cheapest thing out there. After all, you are making an investment in the next 5-7 years of this fish's life when you get a new fish tank. Starting cheap only means you waste money when you get tired of doing constant water changes and decide to finally upgrade. The best advice I can give you is to just be patient. Wait until you have the money to afford the setup that works with your life and promotes the well-being of the fish--don't just jump on a dinky piece of junk because it's cheap.

Personally, I prefer the 3 and 5 gallon marineland eclipse tanks--they're not the cheapest out there, but they're well-designed and they're a quality product. Often you can find these and similar models on craigslist for only a few dollars, so that would really be your best option. Try to order any other supplies you might need online--it will help you save a lot of money even including shipping. I do all my online shopping here: http://www.fosterandsmithaquatics.com/

It's great for buying gravel, silk plants, decorations, filters, heaters, thermometers, test kits, dechlorinator and other items that get marked up enormously by the pet store. They offer reasonable flat rate shipping and they take paypal, so you don't need a credit card to order.

Another good option if you happen to be in Canada is this site: http://www.bigalsonline.com/
Adastra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 06:13 PM   #4 
bloo97

I agree with Adastra.
bloo97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 06:22 PM   #5 
crowntail lover

As do I!
crowntail lover is offline   Reply With Quote