Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-05-2010, 05:26 PM   #1 
FuulieQ

Unhappy Mr. Monsterface :(

I went and visited him again at the store. He looks pretty bad. I think he's developed SBD, all his color is gone and he looks like he's just given up on life.

Regardless of the conditions upon which my parents are allowing me to adopt him, I put him on hold until this weekend when I can bring my spare 2.5gal up here. But it doesn't look like he'll make it, and even if he does, I don't know if I can help him. He's so far gone.

Just a few more days, Mr. Monsterface. :( Hang in there.

At least he has a name and someone who cares about him... not that he knows either of those things.
FuulieQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 05:31 PM   #2 
bloo97

Were crossing fingers he's okay.
bloo97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 05:33 PM   #3 
FuulieQ

He was just so listless... he used to be so responsive when I first saw him..

Ugh, this is killing me. This week sucks.
Old 10-05-2010, 06:21 PM   #4 
bloo97

Are you sure you don't have anything? You could sacrifice a dinner bowl that are 1 or 2 gallons. Or you could buy one.
bloo97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 06:25 PM   #5 
JKfish

If you have a tubberware, anything at all really that you can heat or float in a heated tank that is bigger than his cup, I say fill it with water and try to get Mr. Monsterface at a discount because he is sick.
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 07:32 PM   #6 
FuulieQ

I seriously don't have anything bigger than his cup... it's not really cup size, it's one of those bluish "two-betta" containers with the divider taken out. I'm not sure what's wrong with him... their other bettas look okay for the most part. I think they do most everything right except water changes.... that's why I don't think I can help him. It's got to be something else more serious, and I don't have a good track record with my one other rescue.

I would have gotten him weeks ago... I would have brought him home TODAY... but I have a huge exam tomorrow... I feel so bad about leaving him but I don't have permission, I don't have the supplies, and I don't have any experience with sick fish.

After the exam on Thursday, I'll rush back and get him if I can, and just give him fresh water at least...
Old 10-05-2010, 07:38 PM   #7 
JKfish

Fresh water alone has quite literally cured every single betta problem for me so far... fin rot, bloat, a mysterious sickness that almost killed Puffy a while ago.

If he's still there when you go back, I'm sure he'll pull through with warm clean water and a bit of love. :)
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote