I went and visited him again at the store. He looks pretty bad. I think he's developed SBD, all his color is gone and he looks like he's just given up on life.
Regardless of the conditions upon which my parents are allowing me to adopt him, I put him on hold until this weekend when I can bring my spare 2.5gal up here. But it doesn't look like he'll make it, and even if he does, I don't know if I can help him. He's so far gone.
Just a few more days, Mr. Monsterface. :( Hang in there.
At least he has a name and someone who cares about him... not that he knows either of those things.