Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-13-2010, 11:40 AM   #21 
ForbiddenSecrets

I was an impulse buyer who.... had never owned a fish before XD Now I have two and they seem to be enjoying their 3gal tanks and my compulsive nature to clean their water anytime I have time ^^;;

My GF now has... 7 [since her filter just ate one of her girls it was awful] and while she complains loudly she still shells out the money they need for nice homes.
ForbiddenSecrets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 12:06 PM   #22 
Capricorn

Awesome thread!

I'd like to add that checking places like dollar stores can lead to some great finds for tank decor! I not only found tons of face silk plants (especially ivy.. fake plants can get pretty pricey. /: ) but also a large pack of ping pong balls to amuse my fish and many things that can be used as a fish hideaway... all for a dollar a piece! I'm in the process of helping a friend at work set up a betta tank, and the dollar store near me also carries those neat little dragon's tear stones in 1lb bags for $1 each.

You'd be amazed at what you can find out there.
Capricorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 05:55 PM   #23 
dew

Just remember to be careful with those hydro mini heaters. They just raise the temp and do not turn of at a certin point. This can cause the temperature to fluctuate to much. A good heater choice is a smal 15 watt heater that should cost you no more than $15.
dew is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
betta, budget, care, husbandry, money