Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-07-2010, 03:17 PM   #1 
Alpha0Betta

My New Tank

So I already posted in the Betta Compatibility Thread about the sucker fish. Here is the tank my sister gave me. I'm in the process of raising the water level and I'd like to get a couple of live plants. They're all plastic...

Is there anything else I'd need the make the girls feel at home? I want to start a sorority. Also, how should I introduce the fish? All at once? One at a time?

Last edited by Alpha0Betta; 10-07-2010 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Forgot Pictures...
Alpha0Betta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 03:40 PM   #2 
weluvbettas

How many gallons is the tank?? A pleco will get WAY to big for that little tank.

The girls need to be all put in different tanks for a week or so just to make sure none of them are sick.

You add the least agressive first then work you way up to the most agressive.
A sorority is a hard thing to do and you need back up tanks / heaters etc if it goes wrong.

-weluvbettas-
weluvbettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 05:16 PM   #3 
Alpha0Betta

Okay. All of that makes sense, and I hadn't heard it before. In my Pleco post I did say I was looking for another home for him incase the girls wouldn't like him, or vis versa. So maybe I'll just keep looking. He's only about 3 inches right now, and that's a 10 gallon. So he should be cool for a little while longer. I guess I'll get a couple more tanks before I invest in Bettas.

Thanks so much! I'm even more glad I researched this before I just bought 8 betta girls!

PS - Also, sorry I forgot, how do I determin the least aggressive? Is that toward me? Or do I use a mirror, cause that seems kinda mean, but I don't know how to gauge it.
Alpha0Betta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 12:50 PM   #4 
weluvbettas

I would say see which one flares when the cups are put next to each other.
weluvbettas is offline   Reply With Quote