Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Classifieds
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-16-2014, 09:57 AM   #21 
ArrowheadShark

The photos work fantastic Aquatail! A quick question on Phox's color since it varies from picture to picture depending on the light. Am I correct in assuming he is a sort of peachier/lighter red on the body, and slightly darker/richer in the fins? Like how he looks in your avatar pic? I need one picture to go off of for color reference, I forgot about asking earlier, but if you could designate one as the most accurate the represent his real colors, I will use that to match my inks to.
ArrowheadShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 05:56 PM   #22 
Aquatail

My avatar picture and a lot of the other photos were taken with the tank light on so that's probably the big variable. You can see that the light is shining on him in the avatar pic. He was actually pretty bold red all over. I'm in the car right now, but when I get home I'll look through the pictures and find the best one of his coloring. :)
Aquatail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 06:21 PM   #23 
ArrowheadShark

Perfect ;P I'll begin sculpting him today!
Old 07-17-2014, 09:14 AM   #24 
ArrowheadShark

IMPORTANT UPDATE: For those who don't live in the US, you'll be happy to hear this: Drawings I am willing to ship anywhere (alright, maybe the moon is out), and anywhere I can ship my fish sculptures by land, I will. I'm not comfortable sending them overseas yet, but that does widen the range of their availability a bit.

When I have more experienced and a finessed, standard way of packing the delicate sculptures, I will widen the range again to international. I apologize for the inconvenience of anyone not living in range who wants one ;-; I will update again when I am ready.
Old 07-23-2014, 10:33 PM   #25 
ArrowheadShark

Finished drawing of Pascal, a Ranchu Goldfish commission by Olympia.

I'd like the note that the colors are not accurate in the photo, for the life of me I cannot edit it to look right; the fish's colors are too saturated and the background is dull/not-saturated-enough. The real picture also has a better effect of depth to it. Also, the scales are solid black, not the gradiated inked lines the photo suggests; I really like that, though! I'll have to experiment, hmmmnnnn...
Old 08-01-2014, 01:57 AM   #26 
Slipstitch

Out of curiosity, how possible would it be to do the sculptures in shadow boxes? I love these, they're beautiful, but while I have ample wall space I have very little horizontal space that doesn't involve furry feline buddies who need to be into EVERYTHING EVER.
Slipstitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 02:46 PM   #27 
Ashthemutt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipstitch View Post
Out of curiosity, how possible would it be to do the sculptures in shadow boxes? I love these, they're beautiful, but while I have ample wall space I have very little horizontal space that doesn't involve furry feline buddies who need to be into EVERYTHING EVER.
Oh yes, thats a good idea :)
Ashthemutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 02:20 PM   #28 
ArrowheadShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipstitch View Post
Very possible! Also, I'd like to extend out a major apology: I am horribly, horribly behind on the deadline for finishing my commission of Phox, things have been very busy on my end and I had to dismantle my work desk for my brother, as he moved back in with us. Out of honest, I must also admit I can be quite the procrastinator. Now that things have settled down, I am resuming work on and finishing him this week.

Again, I apologize sincerely for the long wait.
Old 08-11-2014, 08:52 PM   #29 
ricepattyfish5

I love the shadow box idea!! +1 on the more wall space than shelf space! Maybe Make it look like the perfect tank where all bettas can live together without fighting! (a sculpture of all of the bettas you own in one shadow box made to kind of look like a tank!!! :)))) ) I wonder how much that would be?? A lot I assume. But it is sounding awesome and I think I want one!
ricepattyfish5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 10:06 AM   #30 
JelloBetta

These are beautiful! To bad you don't ship to Canada.
JelloBetta is offline   Reply With Quote