Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-09-2010, 02:09 AM   #1 
goldyboy

Magnus

Upset about my Uncle passing I ended up in my local again. Three stood out. There was a really interesting looking yellow/black guy but he was avoiding me. There was a red boy who was a happy puppy fish with bubbles and perfect fins (which I moved to the top front shelf, knowing he would go soon) and there was one fish who was absolutely frantic and headbutting the bottom of his cup. I took the frantic boy (naturally) and named him Magnus.

The headbutting ceased once he was out of the shop and he's getting used to me now but he is damn near impossible to get a picture of...he's waaay to fast and rather spastic. Yet within five mins of being in his new home what does he do? Has a nap.

I heart him. I'm glad he was there waiting for me, his antics today alone have cheered me up immensely.

(He looks like a VT but he has the little spikes all around the edges (mix?). His pec fins are longer than normal as well and end in cute little wing points.)

Last edited by goldyboy; 10-09-2010 at 02:27 AM.
goldyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 04:13 AM   #2 
crownie

Ooo... he's pretty. I tend to go for the feisty ones as well lol I had a ballet teacher that I adored named John Magnus hehe glad you picked that as well! Funny he fell asleep as soon as you got him home :)
crownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 10:55 AM   #3 
Fermin

Awww poor little man pooped himself out from all the excitement!

Or he blacked out from a concussion.
Fermin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 12:25 PM   #4 
goldyboy

LOL Thanks guys! Yeah, my betta buying ideal has changed a bit. It used to be all about looks and collecting as many colours as possible but now I only go for the quirky, feisty or damaged ones.

He's settled in well overnight and is eating and flirting with his neighbour, Feist. She's a really calm girl so I knew he'd benefit from her.
goldyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 09:50 PM   #5 
Fermin

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldyboy View Post
He's settled in well overnight and is eating and flirting with his neighbour, Feist. She's a really calm girl so I knew he'd benefit from her.
Lol! Of course - he has to impress her! :)
Fermin is offline   Reply With Quote