Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-30-2010, 09:28 AM   #1 
cballas

I hate dogs

I officially hate them now. I don't wish them bodily harm, but I seriously will never ever ever get one again or go to anyone's house who has one. I'm. That. P*ssed.

My "friend" had to leave town unexpected & asked if I could watch them. I said Sure why not how much trouble can 2 10lb dauchand/lab mixes be?
He didnt tell me they are afraid of leashes (my yard isn't fenced except for one tiny part, which they were also afraid of for a day), crap and pee everywhere (COUCH!),
and will destroy the walls, cushions, towels, shoes, your sanity the SECOND you turn your back.
I'm usually really patient but my throat hurts from screaming!!!

So I'm stuck with these horrible demons till Sunday, and by god if he doesn't pay for all the time I spent
almost gagging on their nasty crap, slipping in their pee, and having my sleep ruined, he can kiss this free ride helper GOODBYE.

Rant ended. Thank you for listening.

Last edited by doggyhog; 09-30-2010 at 09:52 AM. Reason: Language
cballas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 10:07 AM   #2 
1fish2fish

First of all its Dachshund.

You shouldn't blame the dogs for what happened. That is a sign of a bad owner. Your friend has no business owning dogs if he can't even teach basic obedience.

Many dogs are frightened if a stranger up and takes them to a new place. You can not blame them for being scared and yelling at them all the time did not help either. You should have been kind to them and re-diverted their attention away from the destructive activity toward a productive one (i.e. chewing a bone or playing with a toy).

How much did you exercise/interact with them? Tired dogs are happy dogs, dogs that are ignored are the ones that become destructive. Dogs are not cats and they are definitely not fish, they need human interaction and daily exercise.

They should have either been crated or secured in a dog safe room when you couldn't watch them. When you could watch them they should have been leashed to you or near you so they couldn't sneak off to do something you didn't want.

What ever you do DON'T blame dogs it is NEVER their fault when they exhibit bad behavior.. it is the OWNER'S fault.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 10:32 AM   #3 
vaygirl

Dachshunds are SMART little guys and girls. And they tend to get very attached to people and suffer anxiety when their people leave them. I'd do what Jackie says and tire their little behinds out. If they like ball, play until they're panting.

My basset was a complete demon as a puppy. Now she's my little angel. It's all in how you handle it. Screaming at an already anxious dog only makes things that much worse. Trust me, I've been there.

Take them out to potty every time they drink water, eat, and every time they've had a nap and just woke up. And wear, wear, wear them out.

I'm sorry they're destroying your house. I know how hard that can be. I had to liberally spray TONS of stuff in my house with bitter apple when Molly was a puppy to keep her from chewing on them. That stuff works wonders, so if you can pick some up, do so. Make sure it's Grannicks' bitter apple though. Imitators tend not to work. Pick up some chewy booda bones for them to gnaw on to get the chewing edge off.

Oh and definitely ask for re-reimbursement. :P
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 02:39 PM   #4 
Adastra

I sympathize--I'm not exactly a dog person either. We took in a yorkie that was being mistreated by its owner a few doors down--I didn't intend to keep it, of course, that thing was ready to be shipped off to the nearest no-kill rescue I could find. But of course my mother became attached and now we have to deal with a dog that never went to the bathroom outside in its life and was just used to make puppies. She's better than she was, but she still goes in the house--and I'm no stranger to housebreaking dogs.

I am not a dog person, and not everyone is. I don't blame the dog for the life it's had to face, but I seriously wish that it was with people who had more patience for it than I, especially since I ended up having to walk it, bathe it, feed it, and diaper it every day and it still urinates in MY bedroom all the time.

I definitely sympathize. Not all people are dog people--I'll take my cats and fish any day.
Adastra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 04:11 PM   #5 
Alexanderismylife

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaygirl View Post
Dachshunds are SMART little guys and girls. And they tend to get very attached to people and suffer anxiety when their people leave them. I'd do what Jackie says and tire their little behinds out. If they like ball, play until they're panting.

My basset was a complete demon as a puppy. Now she's my little angel. It's all in how you handle it. Screaming at an already anxious dog only makes things that much worse. Trust me, I've been there.

Take them out to potty every time they drink water, eat, and every time they've had a nap and just woke up. And wear, wear, wear them out.

I'm sorry they're destroying your house. I know how hard that can be. I had to liberally spray TONS of stuff in my house with bitter apple when Molly was a puppy to keep her from chewing on them. That stuff works wonders, so if you can pick some up, do so. Make sure it's Grannicks' bitter apple though. Imitators tend not to work. Pick up some chewy booda bones for them to gnaw on to get the chewing edge off.

Oh and definitely ask for re-reimbursement. :P
DITTO! :P I own a Mini Dachshund and when we first got her she wasn't very great. She barked at EVERYONE besides me in the family. Wouldn't go out for anyone. And she would screech for hours while I was away from school. I don't blame her one bit though because the people we got her from were HORRIBLE. It was winter and they kept the puppies and mother OUTSIDE!! She was skin and bones,had hair missing around her eyes and had never gotten her shots. (She was 6 months.) So don't blame the dogs. Like Vaygirl said I would take them out to burn alot of energy cause I know labs and dachshunds BOTH have tons of energy. I hope it gets better!
Alexanderismylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 12:19 AM   #6 
Alex09

I love my dog :P He's potty trained - heck I even let him snuggle up in my bed on a cold night :) cant do that with a fish can you?
Alex09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 05:18 AM   #7 
cballas

Sorry for my language in this post if it offended any.

Like I said, I do love all animals & don't wish any harm...I was just really frustrated when I wrote that,
and mad their owner didn't tell me how they were not trained.
My fam has a GSD and had a Weim who were very awesome.

It's not their fault their owner doesn't have time to train them...I would but I have to work
and they are almost an hour away from me.

They did start pooping outside after I threw a poo outside, that was good!! LOL
And the owner is paying for the damage they did. :)
cballas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 10:22 AM   #8 
goldfish11

I'm sorry that this happened to you but not all dogs are like that! Just because those particular dog were like that, doesn't mean they all are. Dogs are actually GREAT pets! They are great friends when you have no one to talk to! They always listen to you!! ( Well... i guess they have no other choice!!) Anyway... you shouldest hate dogs just because of the accident that happened with the other dogs. Dogs can't help when that have to go to the bath- room. Don't blame them. I know that there are a many frustrating of things about dogs, but there are more good things about them! I hope this helped!
goldfish11 is offline   Reply With Quote