Betta Fish Forum banner

Is this set up okay?

601 views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  myfishjayne 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi! this is my first post, so sorry if it is not to good.

I got Jayne, a male betta (I do not know what kind he is...), about two-three weeks ago I think, I got him from CountryMax, he ate the first day, no Ick etc, this is the first fish I have ever owned.

But, he is in a five gal. Filtered tank.
He has some plants
Two little things he can hide in.
He does have a heater, so it is 75(ish) all the time.
He lives with 3 ghost shrimp and a small snail.
The tank is fully 'stocked' as they say.
I was wondering, is there anything I can do to make sure he stays healthy? He has never had any problems. He eats the flake food.
Is there any medications I should have on hand?

I am sorry if this is not the right place to post this, I will delete it if you need, I just have no idea what I am doing right now...

:thankyou:

if you need more info, just tell me please.

See less See more
#3 ·
Your tank sounds like it's off to a pretty good start. You've got most things covered with a nice amount of space, filter, and heater. As for keeping him healthy, just remember that the best medicine you can have is clean water. :)

The only thing I would suggest would be to look at different foods. Most folks around here tend to recommend a mixture of high quality pellets and frozen bloodworms now and then.

Welcome to the forum!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.