Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-10-2010, 10:38 PM   #11 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm using plastic plants but they're soft.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 05:26 AM   #12 
sunnymui

Pets at Home do sell some silk plants, but they're huge usually! And my tank was too small to fit them in. Plus seriously overpriced.

Have you tried Ebay? I bought about 5 small/medium silk/plastic plants for about 5.99 which is about the price of 1 plant from Pets at Home!
sunnymui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 06:44 AM   #13 
dipsydoodlenoodle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welsh View Post
Do pets at home actually sell silk plants though, because I have looked everywhere and cant seem to find them lol I already knew about the plastic bits shredding fins etc but some of the plants look smooth so I was wondering whether these would have the same effect. Yeah I envy the people who can keep plants alive, the only one im successful with is java moss haha never tried java fern but I dont see a future for the plant lol
My pets at home have them on a separate stand to the decorations and plastic plants.

My boyfriend has a plastic plant from P@H and it's really soft (he doesn't have a betta)
dipsydoodlenoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 09:19 AM   #14 
Welsh

The website doesn't seem to have them but they do have this dried fern thing which looks quite cool lol think i'll just have to venture across the valley and have a look for myself lol possibly buy some new fish too haha

Thanks
Welsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 09:48 AM   #15 
karlhague

Quote:
The website doesn't seem to have them but they do have this dried fern thing which looks quite cool lol think i'll just have to venture across the valley and have a look for myself lol possibly buy some new fish too haha

Thanks

LOL Have you ever bought Fish from pets at home?

If so did they survive?

Watch out for those Sheep whilst your crossing the Valley..
karlhague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 09:54 AM   #16 
Welsh

Yeah I have actually, I bought my first betta there but he died of fin rot shortly after :( and I've bought rosy barbs but they died the same day I had them and a small sucking loach, died the same day the only thing that has survived from there come to think of it, is my flying fox. So actually, I dont think I will be buying fish there again haha

Ahh the sheep aren't a problem from this side of the valley lol
Old 10-11-2010, 10:01 AM   #17 
karlhague

Quote:
Yeah I have actually, I bought my first betta there but he died of fin rot shortly after :( and I've bought rosy barbs but they died the same day I had them and a small sucking loach, died the same day the only thing that has survived from there come to think of it, is my flying fox. So actually, I dont think I will be buying fish there again haha

Ahh the sheep aren't a problem from this side of the valley lol

I don't Think ill be be buying from pets at home either then, fish-wise anyway..

Plants NEVER expensive and overpriced..

I seem to be quite good at keeping plants allive... or would be in the large community tank if the mollies and guppies would stop pulling them up!
karlhague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 10:13 AM   #18 
Welsh

I know, the guppies did the same to mine, ended up taking them back cause I couldn't put up with them lol Its cause my lighting isnt strong enough and I don't understand my fish tank enough to go and buy a new bulb haha
Old 10-11-2010, 12:02 PM   #19 
Tomsk

I bought Nibbler my Betta from my local pets@home,he is still healthy and a bane of all shrimps since I got him in May this year.

Tomsk
Attached Images

Tomsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 02:56 PM   #20 
Welsh

Oh wow, he is gorgeous they don't have ones like that in ours