Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-04-2014, 10:05 PM   #11 
Pandanke

Yeah, I have heard of people keeping them with angels, to come back to see SAE sucking a hole through the side of the angels... so... I'm firmly in the "never keep" group.

I have a good fair bit spare, mostly low light/easy to grow varieties and floaters. Shipping is only like 6$ or so for the US but I don't have any idea on shipping to Canada... Or the laws. I'd have to look into that before I could commit to it. If you have any insight to spare, or anyone here does, I don't mind on doing it if you cover the shipping. I have plenty, if not a bit too much.

I cannot say much on the purplish bulb, I don't use flourescents except in one of my tanks and they're just standard daylight ones. 6500k.
Pandanke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 10:09 PM   #12 
tankman12

Those are flying foxes (look like sae) and the CAEs. The true SAEs will not do that. I had them with discus. People get confused between them, but they are pretty easy to tell apart.
Posted via Mobile Device
tankman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 10:53 PM   #13 
Sathori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandanke View Post
I have a good fair bit spare, mostly low light/easy to grow varieties and floaters. Shipping is only like 6$ or so for the US but I don't have any idea on shipping to Canada... Or the laws. I'd have to look into that before I could commit to it. If you have any insight to spare, or anyone here does, I don't mind on doing it if you cover the shipping. I have plenty, if not a bit too much.

I cannot say much on the purplish bulb, I don't use flourescents except in one of my tanks and they're just standard daylight ones. 6500k.
I'm not too knowledgeable about shipping live plants across the border... I cannot imagine it causing a ton of trouble as long as it's for aquarium use... Either way, if shipping is not outrageous, I am more than willing to pay for shipping :)

I'll have to look up the bulbs a bit more and see what I can find.
Sathori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 10:17 AM   #14 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Sathori, what province do you live in? :p
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 10:54 AM   #15 
Sathori

Manitoba :P
Old 08-05-2014, 11:03 AM   #16 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Ahh.. that's too far, I can't recommend anywhere. I wish I could send you some but after setting up 3 tanks I don't have enough myself. :/ There isn't really any good online places to buy aquatic plants for us either. ;-;
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 11:04 AM   #17 
Sathori

I know T-T I've looked around and there's not much out there. Our supplier has some aquatic plants, but nothing that people have recommended as beginner plants. Except Java moss, but that is not a cheap plant from our suppler :/