Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Other Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-08-2014, 10:52 AM   #1 
lflaviii

ADFs?

My African Dwarf Frog just died; I'm not sure the exact cause. I saw him on his back in the morning but he was still alive. I thought he was maybe just having some sort of balancing issue so I turned him back over. He was swimming around fine after that but wouldn't eat. I left for a three hour shift at work and returned to find him dead on his back. If anyone has any idea what happened, please let me know! Water quality is fine, I haven't lost any of the other fish in my tank.

But anyway, to the point of this post, once I think that it's safe, I'd like to get two-three ADFs for my tank. The issue is that feeding the old one was ridiculously hard. I can barely reach the bottom of my tank and I had to try to to feed him. Is there any way to make a feeding spot of sorts so you don't have to stick your hand / tweezers in the tank and individually feed all of them? Let me know if you have any ideas; thanks for any help!
lflaviii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 10:58 AM   #2 
JadeSparrow

I'm sorry to hear about your frog. That's hard to come home to. As to feeding the new guys when you get them, I always used a turkey baster and just squirted the food on either a small dish or across the bottom of the tank for them to hunt for. I would use a few different spots because depending on what fish you have in the tank they will go after the food as well. If you keep putting food in the same spots though the frogs will learn to be around that spot at feeding time.
JadeSparrow is offline   Reply With Quote