Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-13-2010, 07:08 PM   #1 
akjadestar

A tank, more than five gallons less than ten?

Hey everyone ! I know I've been gone foreverrrr ... Anyways , as some of you might remember , before I left I bought a 10 gallon tank from Kijiji with a stand ... Well , I'm not using my stand because it doesn't match the rest of my furniture . And I REALLY wanted to have my tank on my desk , but , I think the ten gallon is too big . Truth is , I haven't tried yet , but I'm hopefully getting a new desk soon (a smaller one , to save space in my little room ) and I know it WOULD fit , but my dad might actually let me have my computer in my room , so in that case , ESPECIALLY if I get a new desk , space will be tight . The desk I'm looking at is a corner desk with high shelves , but if I do get the computer , I'll need that room for the printer . And 10 gallons of water is A LOT . I dunno if it could hold ? I could maybe buy a small end table or something , or get my stand painting and put the tank just NEXT to the desk , I guess that would be good enough . But the stand I have is falling apart, and I kind of liked the idea of having a cool tank with one big centerpiece ... Only five gallons seems a BIT too small , and unless I find out something for my current ten gallon , I'm on the hunt ! Any suggestions?
akjadestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 07:13 PM   #2 
crowntail lover

How many fish do you actually have in the ten gallon? Also. I currently use a old computer desk, as I have a laptop now, for my personal 20gallon I have in my room. But saying this. my room is HUGE! But if you are limited in space it al comes down to how many fish you have, and how much space you need.
crowntail lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 07:15 PM   #3 
akjadestar

I have NO fish yet ! I've been planning to get a betta FOREVER but I still have been trying to work this out ...
Old 10-13-2010, 07:19 PM   #4 
crowntail lover

Well. If you are planning to get only one Betta, and are trying to conserve space. I truly think a male or female Betta would do fine in a 5 gallon tank. With proper care, of course.
crowntail lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 07:21 PM   #5 
wallywestisthebest333

Hhhhmmmmmmmmmm......

I like the idea of getting an end table and painting it. =]

You can find sturdy end tables at Good Will and places like that for SUPER cheap! =] Also there's room for creativity there! =] That's just my opinion though. =]

That's if you already have the 10 gallon though and just need a place to put it. =]

Keep us updated! =]
wallywestisthebest333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 07:31 PM   #6 
akjadestar

I sure will ! Thanks !
Old 10-14-2010, 09:13 PM   #7 
dramaqueen
Banned

Hey, welcome back!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 02:18 AM   #8 
scootshoot

I was in same predicament as you. Wanted to have a little tank in the corner of my computer desk. 10 gallon was too large and I would have had to adjust my seat to actually view it head on.

I went with a 5 gallon marineland corner style acrylic tank, working beautifully. Will take a pic (cousin using my digital camera atm) and will post it to give you an idea in the next day or two.
scootshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 07:13 PM   #9 
scootshoot

As promised. One option I used to have tank on my desk. 10 gallon woulda been too large and a normal rectangular shaped 5 gallon would have required me to shift my chair or body to view the tank from front.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Corner style 5 gallon next to computer...

Top view, notice the shape of the tank, perfect for corner setup. My male betta loves making his bubble nest

Posing for the camera, his 2 minute daily flaring exercise

Last edited by scootshoot; 10-16-2010 at 07:18 PM.
scootshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 08:02 PM   #10 
zelilaa

^ I love your computer & tank set up. Where did you get a nice 5 gal corner like that? The only corners I can find are stupid 1 gallons D:<
zelilaa is offline   Reply With Quote