Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-18-2010, 05:37 PM   #1 
beat2020

Finally! Multicolor HM X MG <ultiicolor HM

Well after 4 failed attempts , I finally got a spawn. The female has been removed from the tank and the male is currently tending the nest.

The breeders were bred by Karen Mac Auley. After she found out I was having trouble getting a spawn, she let me borrow a pair of proven breds and after being in the tank for about 36 hours they have spawned. When I came home from school to check on them, they were embracing. I saw about 5 embraces (But there could have been more that I didn't see) and from these about 10-20 eggs were dropped per embrace.

I'll get pictures of the breeders later,but I'll give you guys a little description. The male is a grand champion multicolor (blue/red/white/black). He has excellent fins and a very deep color. He is DT geno.The female is a nice little HM.She is a multicolor (blue/yellow/black) MG. She has nice fins and is also DT geno.

From this spawn I should expect DT's and ST's(HM,DeT,SDet, and they have also produced PK.) For color I should mainly get MG's and multicolors.

When the fry are free swimming, they'll eat infusoria for about a week. After that I'm going to feed vinegar eels. Since I'm going to try to power grow them, after the VE, I'm going to be switching to frozen and dry foods.

From this spawn I'm going to be keeping any light colored MG's and blue/red/white HM's or DT. If I get any PK I might keep some of them too.Some will be for breeding and others for showing. The deal I made with Karen is that I have to give her 2 ST pairs from this spawn. The rest I am selling on here and/or Aquabid.
beat2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 05:49 PM   #2 
MrVampire181

IM GETTING FRY!!!! Is the father the champ of this years convention??
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 05:52 PM   #3 
beat2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVampire181 View Post
IM GETTING FRY!!!! Is the father the champ of this years convention??
I'm still not too familiar with all the shows and such but Karen told me he won at the Nationals. :)
Old 10-18-2010, 06:00 PM   #4 
MrVampire181

Quote:
Originally Posted by beat2020 View Post
I'm still not too familiar with all the shows and such but Karen told me he won at the Nationals. :)
I think he might be. Anyway I'm hopefully getting some of her fish for my birthday :)
Old 10-18-2010, 06:08 PM   #5 
beat2020

Quote:
I think he might be. Anyway I'm hopefully getting some of her fish for my birthday :)
Actually Karen just told me he went 1st place at every show he was shown in and he was the Champion of the convention this year. :)
Old 10-18-2010, 06:51 PM   #6 
MrVampire181

Quote:
Originally Posted by beat2020 View Post
Actually Karen just told me he went 1st place at every show he was shown in and he was the Champion of the convention this year. :)
Hey guess...you owe me fry XD

Hmm I really like the outcome of her recent spawn...idk if you've seen but the fish are amazing. I'm so ordering from her, and then me and you can trade fish for outcrossing :)
Old 10-18-2010, 07:13 PM   #7 
beat2020

Quote:
Hey guess...you owe me fry XD

Hmm I really like the outcome of her recent spawn...idk if you've seen but the fish are amazing. I'm so ordering from her, and then me and you can trade fish for outcrossing :)
Yeah I've seen some of her recent fish. Plus she also has some nice 8-10 weeks olds growing out ;) plus she just had two recent spawns.

About the outcross, these fish are an F6 generation so I will need one soon. If you have some nice fish by time I need one, I might be contacting you. :)
Old 10-18-2010, 07:33 PM   #8 
MrVampire181

F6...dang......IDK what we could cross them to...are 1fish2fish's fish related but not siblings?
Old 10-18-2010, 07:39 PM   #9 
beat2020

Quote:
F6...dang......IDK what we could cross them to...are 1fish2fish's fish related but not siblings?
Well these guys are older ( The male's 1 year and two months old,and still breeding!) so they could even be grandfathers of her fish XD. I just sent Karen an email asking her if this pair is related to my other fish I have from her.
Old 10-18-2010, 10:38 PM   #10 
beat2020

Well the male has been happily tending the nest over the hours. He now re-arranged the eggs into one big clutch.
Here are a few pics of the pair.

Tending his nest.

The female