Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-15-2010, 07:04 PM   #21 
dew

I'm getting a 2.5 mini bow, I dont know what to replace the filter with though.
dew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 12:23 PM   #22 
Dammerung2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaBoo View Post
Hi Dammerung, I had a look at the two bulbs you were thinking about getting and I would probably go with the Zoo Med bulb from Petco. It's the one that's the most like the one I have. And it's a "daylight" fluorescent bulb which is the kind I like because it makes your tank look beautiful. It really makes the colors stand out.

I hope I've been able to help. Once you get your tank set up, I would love to see some pictures and know how everything is going. Good luck!
Here's 2 pics of Zeus in his Mini-Bow, completely set up :].
Attached Images

Dammerung2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 12:37 PM   #23 
Dammerung2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaBoo View Post
Hi Dammerung, I had a look at the two bulbs you were thinking about getting and I would probably go with the Zoo Med bulb from Petco. It's the one that's the most like the one I have. And it's a "daylight" fluorescent bulb which is the kind I like because it makes your tank look beautiful. It really makes the colors stand out.

I hope I've been able to help. Once you get your tank set up, I would love to see some pictures and know how everything is going. Good luck!
Oh and the Zoo Med bulb is absolutely perfect! :D
Dammerung2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 05:28 PM   #24 
BeccaBoo

Wow, Dammerung it looks so nice! I'm so glad that everything is working out for you.

If you ever decide to add a live plant or two to your tank, that bulb should work great. I added an anubias to my tank and it looks green and healthy.

Here's a picture of my tank:

The green plant in the far right corner isn't there anymore, that's where I put the anubias. Now that I finally have the tank cycled and decorated the way I like it, I'm already planning on upgrading it to a 5 gallon. I just bought a 10 gallon this weekend and plan on starting a small community tank. *Sigh* this whole fish thing is so addictive...lol.
BeccaBoo is offline   Reply With Quote