betta fish

Old 10-01-2010, 08:04 PM   #11 
dramaqueen
Banned

I recommend daphnia.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 05:13 PM   #12 
ramya

Ok, just to update you all, Midnight is doing fine now, thanks to you all.
I have his tank at 28C (82.4F). Is this temp too hot for him? He seems to be happily swimming around in his 10 Gallon tank. Also, a related question, I feed him 1 pellet in the morning and 1 pellet at night (hikari bio-gold). Sometimes, instead of the pellet, I give him a small piece of freeze dried brine shrimp (size of a pellet). Am I feeding him too little? I also fast him for one day.
ramya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 05:37 PM   #13 
Colibri

I think that 2 pellets a day is very little food, perhaps you could give him 5 or 6 through out the day! I give my little ones small amounts of food many times a day and they're healthy and very happy.
Colibri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 05:56 PM   #14 
vaygirl

I feed mine the same amount, about 5 or 6 spread out over the day. :) The pellets are small though.
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 10:18 PM   #15 
ramya

My betta seems to be developing one problem after the other. I had a few plants in this tank and his tail fin ripped from them (?) (I did the pantyhose testing before adding it into the tank). Now his tail fin is healing and today I noticed that his lower fin seems like it has fin rot (fringed, dark and curled).
His tank is at a constant 81F, and I change water every 3 days at the least (25-50%). I feel helpless and cannot figure why he is getting one problem after the other. Also, I add about 2 teaspoons of aquarium salt to my 10 gallon water.
I have Maracyn 2 at home, but am not sure whether to start treating him with the medicine. As soon as I noticed fin rot, I changed about 25% of his water. He is eating well and is happy (but it is just the beginning of fin rot).
ramya is offline   Reply With Quote